Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Have we decided on a quick way to detect RevB vs RevA silicon? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Have we decided on a quick way to detect RevB vs RevA silicon?

2»

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2019-11-12 03:17
    I'm sure there is a simple test I can do with the instructions but have we come up with a quick and easy and standard way of detecting the new silicon?

What about read a certain address in the ROM?
    < fc560     fdb00040 _Start_SDcard   call    #@_SDcard_Init                  ' initialise & read CSD/CID
    > fc560     f6079a00 _Start_SDcard   mov     skiprun,          #0            ' load/run MBR/VOL code                         \ --tweek2--

This was the first change I saw in the .lst. It may not be the best choice.
    Chip has a revision constant but I'm not sure where/if it is a memory location in hub.
    The Monitor has a constant string that changed between revisions. So does TAQOZ although I'm unsure if its' location changed.
    Any of these could be used in preference to an instruction location. But remember, the hub ram can be overwritten.

WARNING: Don't choose hub $FFC00-$FFC7F as the monitor (and its' routines) can use this area as an input buffer if you don't change the pointer. Also be aware this means that a JMP $FFC00 to re-run the booter WILL NOT WORK if you have used the Monitor or its' Serial Routines!!! (This was by design)