Editing Key causing program crash

I am developing a system using Tachyon 2.7 in TeraTerm. Whether editing code of running the program certain editing key cause errors/crashes.

For instance Insert, Home, End, PageUp and PageDown give the following responses respectively.

[2~??? ok
ok
[1~??? ok
ok
[4~??? ok
ok
[5~??? ok
ok
[6~??? ok

Can I stop this by making different settings in TerraTerm or trap those keys in my program? What am I missing?
Gratitude is riches, complaint is poverty, and the worst I ever had was wonderful. - Brother Dave Gardener :innocent:

Comments

• to me it looks like esc sequences terraterm sends. and your program gets them as input.

this would be [2~, the ??? is tachyons response.

Can you maybe define a word named [2~ doing nothing?

Jus guessing,

Mike
    I am just another Code Monkey.
    A determined coder can write COBOL programs in any language. -- Author unknown.
    Press any key to continue, any other key to quit

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this post are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.
  • Thanks for the reply Mike. My program rejects all keys except expected :) ones. This prob appears to happen in the terminal interface. It happens even when my code is not running.
    Gratitude is riches, complaint is poverty, and the worst I ever had was wonderful. - Brother Dave Gardener :innocent:
  • I followed your Code Monkey link ... very cool.
  • artkennedyartkennedy Posts: 142
    edited 2019-05-19 - 05:16:54
    To be clear I would like to know how to tell TerraTerm to ignore specified keys. I guess this is more of a TerraTerm than a Tachyon problem.