Use of the Servo-4 object on OBEX

AwesomeCronkAwesomeCronk Posts: 776
edited 2018-11-13 - 23:32:05 in Microcontrollers
Hello, I am building a four-wheeled robot using the PropBOE board. I am using a four-servo driver from the OBEX.

I am confused as to how the demo program runs the driver. What is the purpose of the angle variable? What is the purpose of the unit variable?
Windows 10 Home:
Propeller Tool 1.3.2, BASIC Stamp Editor 2.5.4, Javelin Stamp IDE x.x.x, Arduino IDE, PST
Hardware:
BASIC Stamp Board of Education, Propeller Board of Education, Propeller Project Board, Propeller Mini

Me, a programmer in English class, asking for grammar help: “What is the syntax for this statement?”

Comments

• Can this driver even run CR servos?
    Windows 10 Home:
    Propeller Tool 1.3.2, BASIC Stamp Editor 2.5.4, Javelin Stamp IDE x.x.x, Arduino IDE, PST
    Hardware:
    BASIC Stamp Board of Education, Propeller Board of Education, Propeller Project Board, Propeller Mini

Me, a programmer in English class, asking for grammar help: “What is the syntax for this statement?”
  • No matter what values I enter in here, I simply get all four servos spinning clockwise at minimum speed.
    Windows 10 Home:
    Hardware:

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 3,880
    edited 2018-11-14 - 19:41:54
    I would recommend looking at Beau's Servo32v9 object. I think it is easier to use and better documented.
  • Thanks. Where would said documentation be found?
    Windows 10 Home:
    Hardware:

• Thanks. Where would said documentation be found?
    The documentation is in the code itself, in the .zip file that you download. You should be able to setup and run the demo program with the information contained within. If not, let us know.

• @Beau Schwabe
    The servo32v9 object on obex yields the v7 download.
    Windows 10 Home:
    Hardware:

• @Beau Schwabe
    The servo32v9 object on obex yields the v7 download.

The zip file should have version 9 in it.
    Infernal Machine
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 10,962
    edited 2018-11-17 - 14:16:04
    BTW, the OBEX entry here: http://obex.parallax.com/object/797, has the correct V9 file.
    Infernal Machine
  • Thanks guys!
    Windows 10 Home:
    Hardware: