Rebuilding a Sylvania SDVD7014 DVD Player

AwesomeCronkAwesomeCronk Posts: 776
edited 2018-07-25 - 21:54:04 in Customer Projects
I Recently got an old Sylvania SDVD7014 DVD player. This device is now in pieces, awaiting the design and installation of a Propeller based PCB card. I am going to leave access to all of the IO pins available, and only include a few components, in the fashion of the VGA port on the PropBOE, connectable, but not hardwired. I would like assistance in the area of circuit design and screen interface(EDIT:the latter of which will be tackled with a PropBOE and some wiring). Anybody's help is appreciated.
Windows 10 Home:
Propeller Tool 1.3.2, BASIC Stamp Editor 2.5.4, Javelin Stamp IDE x.x.x, Arduino IDE, PST
Hardware:
BASIC Stamp Board of Education, Propeller Board of Education, Propeller Project Board, Propeller Mini

Me, a programmer in English class, asking for grammar help: “What is the syntax for this statement?”

Comments

• I have found the user manual with information on the screen interface.
    Windows 10 Home:
    Propeller Tool 1.3.2, BASIC Stamp Editor 2.5.4, Javelin Stamp IDE x.x.x, Arduino IDE, PST
    Hardware:
    BASIC Stamp Board of Education, Propeller Board of Education, Propeller Project Board, Propeller Mini

Me, a programmer in English class, asking for grammar help: “What is the syntax for this statement?”
  • Here are the screen, PCB, and audio/video driver. Not a professional photographer, by any means.
    1280 x 720 - 183K
    1280 x 720 - 171K
    1280 x 720 - 214K
    1280 x 720 - 173K
    1280 x 720 - 229K
    Windows 10 Home:
    Hardware:

• What is the Props function in this rebuild?

• Screen operator, general function. I may have a seperate prop to run the screen, communicating with the general purpose prop via 2 wire serial. I was wanting to have a sort of standalone propeller based "laptop", acting as a remote controller for my other projects, with add-ons. I would later make add-on boards to accomplish other purposes.
    Windows 10 Home:
    Hardware: