Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller c Library tutorial — Parallax Forums

Propeller c Library tutorial

I finally got the hang of it. So I wrote a tutorial. It needs more editing which I will do later but here it is.
Next weekend I will do the editing and add some references.
Thanks to all who helped.

Comments

• pilot0315,
    Thanks for taking the time and posting this up.
    I had a look at the word document.
    It is very complete with many screen shots and comments.
    This will be a great help for those of us migrating to C.
  • Nicely done! Strongly recommend you upload as a PDF however, as many people don't have/use/pay for Word.
  • escher wrote: »
    Nicely done! Strongly recommend you upload as a PDF however, as many people don't have/use/pay for Word.
    You're absolutely on point. I hope the OP doesn't mind! PDF generated from author's .docx attached.
    Mike R...
  • escher wrote: »
    Nicely done! Strongly recommend you upload as a PDF however, as many people don't have/use/pay for Word.

LibreOffice handles Word documents and other Microsoft documents. Its open source, and is free.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Dave Hein wrote: »
    escher wrote: »

LibreOffice handles Word documents and other Microsoft documents. Its open source, and is free.

+1. Highly recommended.
  • Is OpenOffice by Apache as good as LibreOffice?
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2018-06-30 01:36
    Hal Albach wrote: »
    Is OpenOffice by Apache as good as LibreOffice?

I used OpenOffice for several years and found it to be very good. When I finally got fed up with Win10 and having to restore all my settings after every update I switched to Mint and decided to try LibreOffice. After a few months of use I think LibreOffice is somewhat better than OpenOffice, but not by a large margin.
  • Thanks for your comments. After the next edit I will post it as a pdf.
  • I did some editing and here is the pdf file. I added a piece
  • pilot0315,

Please do not start a new thread if your content is directly related to an old thread. This fragments discussions and causes confusion.

I have merged your 2 related threads - please keep all Propeller C Library tutorial-related comments here.

Thank you.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    pilot0315 wrote: »
    I did some editing and here is the pdf file. I added a piece
    pilot0315,

Please do not start a new thread if your content is directly related to an old thread. This fragments discussions and causes confusion.

I have merged your 2 related threads - please keep all Propeller C Library tutorial-related comments here.

Thank you.

I think when C. Jacobs merged the two, something happened to the attachments. I dont see the docx from before or the new PDF. I see the one from Mike but your attachments are MIA.
  • It seems the attachments do not transfer during a merge, and the originals were removed during the process.

I apologize, but pilot0315 will need to re-post his latest attachments as a new comment.
  • thanks for the tip I will re upload soon
  • thanks for putting this together.. it helps...
  • You are quite welcome.