BostonDynamics! Gotta love them!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • Yup, love BD. I was about to post this morning but JonM beat us all to it yesterday in the robotics forum. :)
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • I'm glad they're getting away from the patently militaristic robots. They'd likely have to anyway, now that they're owned by a Japanese company. Foreign companies can contract with the US military, but there can be some significant limitations. Spot Mini is a good unarmed robot suitable for commercial, industrial, and (non-lethal) military applications. I can just see it going through dangerous debris fields after an earthquake, looking for survivors.
  • Where is the jerk kicking it? Did they fire that guy?
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso