$10K for a Broken Bomb Robot

Neat restoration project. 900 lbs of fun. http://www.botmag.com/restoring-police-robot-family-project/
"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Date Added Votes
  • I want one. I like the idea of turning it into a business. If anyone needs a power wheels for a movie you know where to find me :)
  • Anybody see where they hid the battery?

It's got to be a truck size, and low to the ground. Just didn't see where they put it.
  • Well, that's an ebay bargain you missed erco.

:)
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,042
    Power Wheels bomb disposal robot? Let's make it happen, Cap'n!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • MikeDYur wrote: »
    Anybody see where they hid the battery?

It's got to be a truck size, and low to the ground. Just didn't see where they put it.

In the bottom, there's a quick swap door on the side.
    erco wrote: »
    Power Wheels bomb disposal robot? Let's make it happen, Cap'n!

It would be funny if the media had to blur a Barbie Jeep exploding on the news. An arm on a rover that size has all kinds of possibilities.
  • ercoerco Posts: 18,042
    edited June 23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    xanadu wrote: »
    It would be funny if the media had to blur a Barbie Jeep exploding on the news. An arm on a rover that size has all kinds of possibilities.

Barbie's big news is "man bun" Ken, yuck! He looks like a terrorist to me, so def get the bomb-bot finished!

manbunken.png
    620 x 600 - 306K

- Pablo Picasso
  • I know that face. He was Commando Elite in Small Soldiers :)