Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
parallax esp8266 module — Parallax Forums

parallax esp8266 module

greetings: I have installed the parallax esp8266 module on my device and the module responds perfectly from a local location within the same dwelling,however when attempting to communicate remotely on the internet from another location ,the html page will not display ,instead I receive a error..........does anyone have a remedy for this issue????????????/ frank

Comments

• TorTor Posts: 2,010
    Sounds like a routing issue.. what kind of error? Some more details will help.
  • greetings: I have installed the parallax esp8266 module on my device and the module responds perfectly from a local location within the same dwelling,however when attempting to communicate remotely on the internet from another location ,the html page will not display ,instead I receive a error..........does anyone have a remedy for this issue????????????/ frank
    You mean you're trying to access it from outside of your home not within range of your home router? In that case, you'll need to find the external IP address that was assigned to your router and you'll also have to configure your router to forward packets on a particular port to the WX module.