Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for a Birthday present (middle-priced) connected to the modern technology (VR, AR and so on) — Parallax Forums

Looking for a Birthday present (middle-priced) connected to the modern technology (VR, AR and so on)

Hi, guys!
I'm looking for some cute and outstanding Birthday present for my bf. He's gonna be 29 next month and he's really into modern technology. The problem is all cool technological devices are really expensive. Do you know any nice and middle-priced things?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi, Mary. Welcome to the forum. The people here tend to be the hands-on type (makers, tinkerers, roboticists, etc.). You say that your boyfriend is into modern technology, but that's a pretty wide field.
    Can you provide any specifics? For instance, does it mean he just likes to play around with the latest commercial gadgets? Does it mean that he's into robotics? Does it mean that he's the type of person who would build his own computer (or other electronic hardware)? Is he more comfortable with software than hardware?
  • Seairth wrote: »
    Hi, Mary. Welcome to the forum. The people here tend to be the hands-on type (makers, tinkerers, roboticists, etc.). You say that your boyfriend is into modern technology, but that's a pretty wide field.
    Can you provide any specifics? For instance, does it mean he just likes to play around with the latest commercial gadgets? Does it mean that he's into robotics? Does it mean that he's the type of person who would build his own computer (or other electronic hardware)? Is he more comfortable with software than hardware?

Hi, Seairth! Thanks for a greeting :) You are right, let me specify. So, he is the guy who really follows technological updates and spends tons of money on the new phones, computers, sound systems and so on. He has a drone and a mountain bike He frequently visits technological forums and gets new applications from the companies to test. He's not the one, who would build his own computer, I think, but he would be very glad if I get him a present connected to the modern technology. He buys all the new and cool stuff himself and I don't really know what exactly he is looking forward to. It's just a nice sign of attention to gift him something, related to his primary interest, I think :)
  • I don't know what middle-priced is, but he might like A ROBOT!!!

If you think it is hard to find a gift for a friend, it is harder to find a gift for a friend of a friend.
  • MaryShumMaryShum Posts: 6
    edited 2017-06-16 08:26
    I don't know what middle-priced is, but he might like A ROBOT!!!

If you think it is hard to find a gift for a friend, it is harder to find a gift for a friend of a friend.

Yeah, it's true :)
    Thanks for the link, it looks pretty cool! I'm also thinking about Apple Homekit, but robot may be more fun :)
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    +1 for robot!

The only thing guys like more than robots is something really small from Victoria's Secrets.
  • erco wrote: »
    +1 for robot!

The only thing guys like more than robots is something really small from Victoria's Secrets.

Hah :)
  • but that does not meet the 'middle-priced' criteria.

Enjoy!

Mike
  • msrobots , yeah, robots are quite pricey..
  • So, I actually found a cool Decathlon bike computer that he would definitely like and a postcard with an augmented reality video option from Poscard Actually, as a pleasant bonus :) I think it should work for him. It comes to about 120 dollars, which fits my budget. Thank you, guys for your advice!