Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MicroSD memory — Parallax Forums

MicroSD memory

I am laying out components for a printed wiring board that uses several components on the Propeller Activity Board...in particular the MicroSD memory. Is there a schematic diagram for the wiring of the Propeller Activity Board? And is there a part number for ordering the socket for the MicroSD memory?

Discovery

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,900
    edited 2017-06-11 22:25
    See attached for how I wired up a HR1941CT-ND (Digikey part#)

This one has the push-pull and switch action, but there are others that look the same but don't have those features but are wired the same way.

In the circuit board layout, Prop is in Top Left and uSD in bottom Right.
    P0 pin is highlighted.
    725 x 589 - 13K
    1037 x 1017 - 150K
  • Thank you Rayman.

Discovery
  • Rayman,
    The images are really fuzzy. Do you have clearer images?

Discovery
  • Dave HeinDave Hein Posts: 6,347
    edited 2017-06-12 01:04
    Discovery, the images look sharp to me. Are you looking at them in full resolution? The circuit layout image is 1037x1017 pixels.
  • I copied the images from your upload then pasted them to a Word Document. Looks fuzzy. A printed version looks the same.

How else would I get a clean clear copy?

Discovery
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Those images look big and clear enough to me. Just "save image as" in Chrome.
  • Discovery,

Which web browser are you using? Seems that you are getting the small (thumbnail) image, which is fuzzy (see my blown-up capture of that below) and not the actual image... Did you click on the thumbnail or are you just taking a screenshot of the thumbnail image? If not, try a different browser.

Thumbnail blown-up:

thumbnail.png

Portion of the actual image, after clicking on the thumbnail:

fullimage.png

dgately
    708 x 872 - 487K
    853 x 772 - 694K
  • dgately,

The Thumbnail Blowup you show above is fuzzy. The printing of uSD_wiring.png on that blowup is however crystal clear. The enlarged image showing the processor wiring is crystal clear but it is the lower right hand corner where the microSD memory socket is located that is my interest. I tried saving image...so I will check it. Can you enlarge the lower right hand corner of the full image where the microSD socket is located?

Discovery
  • Try this ZIP file.
  • dgately,

Saving the image of the blowup worked perfectly and the printed version is clear. I am using Google Chrome. When I click on the thumbnail...the image is fuzzy. When I click on the blowup sub portion...it is clear.

Discovery
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,900
    BTW: One nice thing about these uSD sockets is that you can solder them by hand with soldering iron if you want.
  • WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
    edited 2017-06-12 20:15
    Schematic for the Propeller Activity Board is on the product page under "Download and Documentation" near the bottom.
    https://www.parallax.com/sites/default/files/downloads/32912-Propeller-Activity-Board-WX-Rev-A-Design-Files.pdf

Page 4, lower left of the PDF has the schematic for the µSD socket. The style that Rayman mentioned is very popular because it can be handsoldered like he mentioned.

Several of my designs are real estate limited so I like to use the Molex 47309 series of sockets like Digikey #WM10795CT-ND, the 47309-3351. When I place the µSD socket next to the Propeller, I use the 47309-3751 as it is taller so the µSD card sits across the top of the Prop chip.

Here's my "micro-microSD adapter":

410 x 203 - 35K