Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Buy Propeller Mini in Athens Greece? — Parallax Forums

Buy Propeller Mini in Athens Greece?

Anyone know where to get a Prop Mini in Athens Greece w/out paying overseas shipping?

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Ask @NikosG !
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    If it's any help, I post my P8XBlade2's around the world for US$20 unregistered at buyers risk.
    Mexico seems a no go though. Would need to check if I have sent to Greece before.
  • erco wrote: »
    Ask @NikosG !

I thought about that post post comment.
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    If it's any help, I post my P8XBlade2's around the world for US$20 unregistered at buyers risk.
    Mexico seems a no go though. Would need to check if I have sent to Greece before.

Killer deal! I will see if he can handle the VIN requirement.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2017-05-01 00:37
    I will be in Italy in 2 weeks, then UK.
    Don't know if the post is any better from there?
    Might actually be worse as I don't have a local address.
  • xanadu wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a Prop Mini in Athens Greece w/out paying overseas shipping?

I'm going to buy the new FliP module from Parallax. If you want I can Buy and one Prop Mini from you.

Xanadu είσαι από Έλληνας?
  • Mouser also ships in Europe quite quickly.

The FLiP should be out this week. Our team is quite conservative when it comes to accepting pre-orders. Some of them remember 1995 when Chip said the BS2 is "almost ready" but had to wait another year for it to ship :)

Ken Gracey
  • NikosG wrote: »
    xanadu wrote: »
    I'm going to buy the new FliP module from Parallax. If you want I can Buy and one Prop Mini from you.
    Xanadu είσαι από Έλληνας?

Thanks, this is for someone on my Patreon. They're starting to waffle on connecting everything themselves, I don't think it's worth your efforts. They should be able to buy directly.
    Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Mouser also ships in Europe quite quickly.
    The FLiP should be out this week. Our team is quite conservative when it comes to accepting pre-orders. Some of them remember 1995 when Chip said the BS2 is "almost ready" but had to wait another year for it to ship :)
    Ken Gracey

Added Mouser to the list, thanks. The FLiP looks great!

• DHL is a good choice for Greece but you might have to pay VAT when it goes through customs. Or if you know anyone traveling there they might be able to take it with them. You just can't ship to embargo countries check state dept. rules first.
  • I am totally buying a FLiP for evaluation as soon as they become available.
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2017-05-02 13:15
    localroger wrote: »
    I am totally buying a FLiP for evaluation as soon as they become available.

+1, A must have in my collection. And just a few bucks more than a mini, whats not to like about it.

Product page:

https://www.parallax.com/product/32123
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    WRT getting microcontrollers in Athens, I'm sorry to report that Kronos Robotics is long gone. Their Athena and Perseus micros would be apropos in Greece, the cradle of modern computing.

http://krforums.com/atuter.shtml

Athena_sm.jpg
  • NikosGNikosG Posts: 705
    edited 2017-05-02 16:44
    xanadu wrote: »

Thanks, this is for someone on my Patreon. They're starting to waffle on connecting everything themselves, I don't think it's worth your efforts. They should be able to buy directly.

Xanadu,
    A year ago I had bought a propeller mini for my ELEV-8 smoke machine.
    The all thing was totally experimental and as I was afraid to damage the propeller mini I finally used a cheap Arduino nano.
    propeller_vs_Arduino.jpg
    So I have completelly new and unused the propeller mini.
    If you want I can sent it to your friend .
    1095 x 821 - 219K
  • Thanks, Nikos. I will check with him.