Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop board with ADC needed — Parallax Forums

Prop board with ADC needed

Something the size of a Prop Mini, with a 12 bit 4 ch ADC.

Does such a thing exist?

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2017-04-07 21:36
    Not that I know of, but I wonder if you could add a piggyback adc board to the mini.

Edit- or piggyback a mini on to the adc board,
  • WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
    edited 2017-04-07 22:46
    I haven't seen one around that small, but there is the Propeller ASC+ that is the smallest I have seen with ADC.

You could pair a small ADC board with a Propeller Mini.
    https://www.adafruit.com/products/1083

I had a project a few years ago that unfortunately never went past design stage, but it was an add-on board for my M44D40+ board that provided ADC, uSD, 5v, 3.3v, and accelerometer to make a compact datalogger for vehicle installation. I dug through my files, but I never did a DipTrace design for it, so don't have anything to provide.
  • Thanks. I should have mentioned someone in another county is ordering this, I'll run the ASC+ by them.

Maybe the FLiP has ADC? Is that out yet, I've seen a few but don't see it in the store.

• I saw this earlier but couldn't reply and was going to mention the ASC+ which is, of course, also compatible with a lot of other Arduino stuff by design. You could also use outboard something like a hx711 or more than one of them in combination with a Mini. (Sparkfun has a breakout for the hx711, it's notable because it can actually do thermocouples and load cells without more outboard amplification.)