Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pololu miniIMU9v2_simple object updates for V3? — Parallax Forums

Pololu miniIMU9v2_simple object updates for V3?

NJPNJP Posts: 3
edited 2017-03-07 20:23 in Propeller 1
I've been trying to use the "Pololu miniIMU9v2_simple" OBEX demo code as a starting point for a project with the Pololu MiniIMU-9v3. Pololu says "changes in I²C addresses and configuration registers might require some changes to software written for older versions". After a good deal of looking over the relevant datasheets, I cannot figure out what changes would need to be made to update this code. The registers that are addressed in the v2 code seem to be the same when I can find them in the v3 datasheet table but some of them don't show up. This issue is a bit beyond me. Has anyone had any success interfacing with the v3 IMU?

Comments

• I don't have a v3, but Pololu has documentation on their web site.

Pololu's web page for v2 is here:
    "The gyro, accelerometer, and magnetometer each have separate slave addresses on the I²C bus. The board pulls the gyro’s SA0 pin high, setting its slave address to 1101011b. The accelerometer’s slave address is fixed to 0011001b and the magnetometer’s slave address is fixed to 0011110b"

And the Pololu page for v3 has a table with device addresses here:
    "Sensor Slave Address (default) Slave Address (SA0 driven low)
    L3GD20H (gyro) 1101011b 1101010b
    LSM303D (accelerometer and magnetometer) 0011101b 0011110b"

Try changing the device addresses in the object to match the addresses provided on the "v3" page.

Hope this helps.