Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Max7219 question... well partly! — Parallax Forums

Max7219 question... well partly!

ajwardajward Posts: 1,124
edited 2017-02-17 14:58 in General Discussion
Hi guys...
I've a question, though not about a Parallax product. I seen to recall a thread or two about using the Max7219. I bought a set of four connected 8x8 led display modules driven by the Max but I can't seem to find the conversations. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Haven't posted in a while, though I drop in once and again to see what everyone is up to. I've been kind of busy with a couple of kit 'bots. Picked up a couple of MakeBlock products: an mBot (a two wheeled critter that works a bit like a BOEBot) and an mBot Ranger (a larger 'bot that can be built in one of three configurations... two with wheels and a tracked version). Well you can guess which version I built! :-)
The tracked 'bot is fun to play... er, experiment with. It has wide and pretty sticky tracks that allow it to try to climb things it shouldn't. The critter often finds itself upside down needing a rescue. It has several on-board sensors, but not an accelerometer which would make for an easier fix. It does have an on-board gyro, but I'm at a loss to determine how to convert its output into something useful.
ANYhow... that's what I've been up to. Too many shiny things around here including a bright red Mustang GT. Vrooooom!

Amanda
500 x 500 - 41K
500 x 500 - 40K

Comments