Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
All that we share — Parallax Forums

All that we share

Dear moderators,

if you think posting this youtube-link is off-topic. Just delete it.
My personal opinion is it is universally ON-topic.

thank you for watching. Maybe some of you want to share it.
kind regards
Stefan

Comments

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    What is that? It's just been on the TV here in Helsinki. Seems to be a commercial for TV2 Denmark.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    It wouldn't be off topic in the General Forum.
  • Hi Chris,
    Ok just move it to the general forum.

Thank you very much.
    Kind regards
    Stefan
  • My vote is it's OK for General Forum.
  • I agree. It's irreligious and apolitical, which I guess is the point. :)

-Phil
  • Moved to General, as requested.
  • After viewing that video, how do I get that three minutes back? What does this have to do with computing, or microcontrollers, or the Propeller? I am really surprised that the moderators have not moved it to the General Forum, with a note: Completely Off Topic, and may be construed as political. I am even more surprised it has not been removed.

Ray
    I would say that it is totally the opposite of political. As it points out that we more the same than different. Or at least that whatever groups we think we divide the world into have a lot of overlap.

Arguably it should be deleted as SPAM. It is after all a commercial for a Danish TV company.

No, it has nothing to do with computing, microcontrollers, the Propeller or Parallax.

But for every 10 of we that understands binary there is 10 of them that do not.

:)
  • Ray,

General forums are often the site of non-Parallax topics. It is your choice to read or respond to them, as outlined in the Forum Guidelines.

Moderators operate at their discretion, with Parallax's core values and our forum rules as a guide. If you personally find a post or thread offensive, please flag it and state your case privately to the moderators. Keep in mind, if the moderators do not agree with your assessment, no action will be taken.

• Ray,

It's kinda like Sandbox we had years ago. Used to be a free for all. But we moderate a little closer these days.

Personally, I do not find it offensive.

I wish I could get back many hours of Youtube videos. :)
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742
    Is there a way not to be political in a political wörld? What does it mean, if all propellers are created equal? Why are we so keen to improve inter cog communication, introduce LUT and HUB and EGGBEATERS? Transfer rates, parallelism, low latency, those are recipes to improve system performance. It is simply the truth, that a blank morphes (hello Bill, thanks for the word) ideal to I deal! Long live the American Standard Code of Information Interchange. OK. Hope dies last.
    Good morning America, how are you?
  • ErNa wrote: »
    Good morning America, how are you?

I hope the City of New Orleans is ready for the Prop2. :)
    You are watching the wrong Youtube videos. Luckily this one was short :)

In the past couple of years I have been totally glued to Youtube channels like Numberphile, Periodictable, Mathologer, EEVBlog. Lecture series in quantum mechanics from Stanford, computer science from Berkeley, general math and cosmology from Gresham College, the Perimeter Institute, etc, etc.

It's endless. There is so much interesting and educational stuff on Youtube. More than there ever was on the old fashioned TV channels or even is now as far as I can tell. And growing every day. It will keep me amused till the end of my days.

Yeah, OK, I'm not getting anything done whilst watching all that.

• Heater:
    There is a sequel in the works about how the periodic table came to be.

bigstory.ap.org/article/be51344be8be4be39007217a2877c32e/pbs-nova-seeking-periodic-table-fans-fund-tv-special
    No, no. That is a totally different periodic table video.

I'm talking about these Periodic videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/periodicvideos/featured

Featuring the wonderful Professor Poliakoff. http://www.periodicvideos.com/

More than you ever wanted to know about elements in there. Made for a fraction of the one million dollars your guys are asking for.

If you want to know where the elements came from and how the periodic table came to be that is all on the Youtube already.