Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forth Fans, Come Forth with $2 — Parallax Forums

Forth Fans, Come Forth with $2

ercoerco Posts: 20,254
edited 2016-12-20 21:38 in General Discussion
Plan your holiday turkey projects. Nab a $2 W1209 thermostat board and then program it in eForth.

Comments

• Since they mention ESP8266 on that page: "for creating smart SPI, I2C, or RS232 connected peripherals with a scripting shell, e.g. for RaspberryPi, Arduino, or ESP8266"

From http://www.forth.org/svfig/kk/12-2016.html

Forth for WiFi Chip ESP8266 - CH Ting
    "I got eForth to run on the ESP8266 WiFi microcontroller chip. I was able to execute programs through UDP packets. I am still learning WiFi tricks. I hope to demonstrate compiling and executing new Forth words on ESP8266 wirelessly."
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    WOW, just got mine today. That's a new record for shipping, talk about the slow boat from China... Appears to work fine.
  • I ordered an air quality sensor from eBay on Oct 12 and was refunded as it did not arrive within 45 days. It did however arrive 1 week ago, 3.5 months after ordering ... Have contacted the seller to pay him/her once again. So it did probably not even travel by boat, perhaps by foot instead:-)
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    The longest ebay shipping time I've experienced is approximately one year. But it did arrive, I'll give them that..

• banjo wrote:
    So it did probably not even travel by boat, perhaps by foot instead:-)
    But given that the courier had to be walking on water to get here from China, that has to be an A++++++, would order again! :)

-Phil
  • Phil, here in my case is Finland so not water walking necessarily needed :smile: