Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HYDRA kit on eBay for sale — Parallax Forums

HYDRA kit on eBay for sale

Hi guys,

I hope this is not considered a spam.
If it is, I apologize.
I read the forum guidelines and found nothing against referencing a URL and this is Propeller related and the sale listing is not mine.

Here is the item for sale:

ebay.com/itm/Parallax-
Propeller-Hydra-Kit-Game-Microcontroller-programming-kit-/192008717547?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I have been watching this listing for a while but decided not to buy due to price, and due to fact that I already bought C3 board, and will be porting Hydra games to it.
Hydra is discontinued and pretty much nothing new is happening, but I think this kit may be still valuable for somebody (I really had to resist the urge to buy it, I am such a hoarder :-)). Hydra is Propeller based and everything or almost everything in this kit and in the book itself is relevant today. I am reading the PDF copy and I love it.
But I will have fun making my own NES controller adapter for C3 and porting the games or writing my own.
I already ordered NES sockets from Canada and the controllers (well, some sort of clones for only $4.99 for a pair).
The above kit is almost complete - I see on the pictures all items that should be in the kit are included, even the paper book.
Only the box itself seems to be missing, not a big deal unless you're a collector and Hydra is pretty much now a retro console in its own right, being discontinued for years.

Comments

• makarcz wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I hope this is not considered a spam.
    If it is, I apologize.
    I read the forum guidelines and found nothing against referencing a URL and this is Propeller related and the sale listing is not mine.

No problem showcasing a Parallax product auction on the forums.

If I didn't have two Hydras already, I might bid.