Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Sales and Promotions — Parallax Forums

Sales and Promotions

I am still very new to this community (which so far I have checked this forum probably 10+ times a day!) and I have not been able to find any concrete discussion about this.

Are there any paraticular times where robots do go on sale? Or are there any promotional codes to use? I would love to order and purchase the activityBot and some of the other add-ons but I see random sales happen here and would hate to spend so much (because I am still college :) ) when I may turn around and the next day have it 10% off :/.

The products here are 100% worth the price and I am not against paying that price but who WOULD NOT like to get a good deal :)??

-Colt

Comments

• Sale items do not always make an appearance on the forums. It depends if the Parallax employees have the time to promote it.

The one sure way to check for sale items, is on the Parallax page:

www.parallax.com

In the upper left corner you will see "New Products" and "Sales". That will show the most current sales items.
  • Often on holiday weekends they have free shipping. That's a pattern I've noticed.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Often on holiday weekends they have free shipping. That's a pattern I've noticed.

Except THIS holiday weekend, natch! :)

• I am resurrecting this year later because I am FINALLY going to buy my Activity Bot! I wanted to wait until I fully graduated from college before I got one as a gift to myself.

I have been developing C#/Java applications for a few years now and hold an active development position. I cannot wait to get my hands on a bot :). I want to program it to do so much ^.^

I am wanting to know if there is another sale coming up in the near future? I know that sometimes the Activity Bots are on sale for $150.

Thanks, guys!

-colt
  • Hello KangarooRIOT. I work at Parallax.

There's no sale coming up and we're actually short on inventory. The ActivityBots are rolling off the shelves these days and we can't keep them in stock. At the moment we have a paltry 135 units in stock but I expect to see "pallets of robots" this time of year. We've grown the kitting team and we added a few people in manufacturing.

We can also make exceptions now and then for a good cause. Being a student who is interested in robotics is considered a good cause.

Sounds like you want an ActivityBot for $150?

E-mail me your shipping information kgracey@parallax.com and I'll get you robot-ing.

Ken Gracey

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Hello KangarooRIOT. I work at Parallax.

There's no sale coming up and we're actually short on inventory. The ActivityBots are rolling off the shelves these days and we can't keep them in stock. At the moment we have a paltry 135 units in stock but I expect to see "pallets of robots" this time of year. We've grown the kitting team and we added a few people in manufacturing.

We can also make exceptions now and then for a good cause. Being a student who is interested in robotics is considered a good cause.

Sounds like you want an ActivityBot for $150?

E-mail me your shipping information kgracey@parallax.com and I'll get you robot-ing.

Ken Gracey

NO WAY! Are you serious? That just put an amazing smile on my face!! Not only have I now fully finished my BS in CIS (Just two days ago!) but doing so has allowed me to purchase the Activity Bot! I could have bought one a few years ago but have been wanting to keep it as a goal to set and as a gift to myself once I completed my degree (the first person to ever do so in my family!).

I will email you right away Ken!

-Colt