Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Drone parachute deployment with XBEE — Parallax Forums

Drone parachute deployment with XBEE

PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
edited 2016-07-27 17:14 in Robotics

Comments

• Patrick ColemanPatrick Coleman Posts: 43
    edited 2016-07-26 20:00
    Id love to use the Xbee myself for my IARC 7 academic purposes I need an in-flight data link. But Im skeptical of this overall device, there parachute didnt seem to slow it down much. And DJI has had one for a while. Drones will only get lighter and smaller, like cell phones, so parachutes less needed.

No matter how slow a drone is moving with a chute, a DLSR camera weighs a lot, and hitting someone in the head is a lawsuit and potentially criminal matter. I guess slower is better though.
  • Id love to use the Xbee myself for my IARC 7 academic purposes I need an in-flight data link. But Im skeptical of this overall device, there parachute didnt seem to slow it down much. And DJI has had one for a while. Drones will only get lighter and smaller, like cell phones, so parachutes less needed.

No matter how slow a drone is moving with a chute, a DLSR camera weighs a lot, and hitting someone in the head is a lawsuit and potentially criminal matter. I guess slower is better though.

I thought that contingentcy plan worked well, altitude and time was the major factor here, it looked like it slowed the craft down to a safe recovery, you may still need a hardhat.