Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spectrum DXe — Parallax Forums

Spectrum DXe

JoeWNCJoeWNC Posts: 6
edited 2016-05-19 19:05 in Robotics
Hi I am a student building a elev 8 for a class project. I have reached step 37 and I have bound my spektrum e to my elev 8, but when I do my range test my spectrum e does nothing. Does anybody have any idea where i went wrong?

Comments

• Welcome to the forums!

Can you provide a link to the procedure you are using? The Assembly Guide only goes up to Step 30.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2016-05-19 16:10
    Can you bind the transmitter and receiver before doing the range test?

Which transmitter and receiver are you using?

EDIT: I assume you are using the new DXe transmitter. I have a Dx6 and DX6i. I would imagine it would be the same procedure.
    edited 2016-05-19 16:36
    On the DXe, please read:
    Important Notes Regarding the Spektrum DXe Transmitter

Notice that the DXe has a Dual Rate ("D/R") Switch, which changes the sensitivity of the joysticks. You will want to keep this switch in the "Hi" at all times, including during GroundStation transmitter calibration. Failure to do so may cause unexpected behavior and inhibit your ability to arm/disarm the ELEV-8.
    Also Notice that the DXe has a "Motor/Throttle" "Arm/Disarm" Switch. You must keep this switch in the "Arm" position for normal flight performance. Flipping the switch to the "Disarm" position should immediately disarm the Flight Controller and brake the motors. If you return the switch to the "Arm" position within 1 second, the Flight Controller will immediately re-arm; after that time you must use the combination stick command to re-arm as will be discussed below. Therefore, flipping the switch to the "Arm" position will not cause the Flight Controller to arm unless the flight controller was armed with the switch in the "Arm" position within the previous second.
  • Hi sorry I think it is step 27 I will provide a link to the step I am on in a few I am on my way to class right now. Yea I think you can bind to transmitter before the range test. Thanks for the info about the arm/disarm switch. I will post an update to see if it is my problem thanks.
    edited 2016-05-19 17:13
    Looks like it is Step 28 in this link:

http://learn.parallax.com/print/book/export/html/1186

Hang in there. We will get you flying.

• Thanks it is step 28.
    edited 2016-05-19 18:30
    Also read Step 28:

Range Check Instructions for Spektrum DX6, DX7, DX8 Transmitters.

(if you have a Spektrum DXe transmitter, skip this step)

Carry on to the next steps. :)
  • Hi I have my Spektrum e in ready to arm I have the switch in the arm position. I think my multirotor is in the correct mode, but I still cant get my elev 8 to arm. Do you think I went wrong somewhere in my calibration or my firmware?
  • I think I might have to recalibrate with the switch in high that might be my problem.
  • When you power up the ELEV-8, does the LED flash Red and Blue?
  • Hi thanks for your help. I got it to arm. My problem was I did not have my Spektrum e in High when I calibrated I recalibrated and got it to arm.