Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Light Commander Help — Parallax Forums

Light Commander Help

Is there another way to wire up and program the Light Commander instead of having to buy another adapter? I found my USB to Serial adapter but cannot seem to locate my BS1 adapter.

Comments

• It's best to have the two adapters on hand.
    To load a new program into the Light Commander, you will need the BASIC Stamp 1 Serial Adapter
    (#27111). If you want to download your program via USB, you will also need a USB to Serial Adapter
    (#28030).

It's not an easy task to wire these two together.
  • You should get the BS1 Serial because there are only 25 in stock. Stuff goes EOL around here.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2016-03-31 23:32
    Does anyone know the pinning from the Serial side of the USB adapter to the Light Commander?? I really do not want to purchase the adapter since I just received my full order today and would be paying almost as much for shipping as the item cost. Plus, I know I have one somewhere, I just need to locate it.

EDIT: Or is there a way to connect to it using a Prop board?
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2016-04-01 00:01
  • No, I did come across that after the post. However, it is more than I want to mess with t the moment so I broke down and ordered one and then a few items I really don't need to compensate for the shipping charge. Just wish I would have caught it before my first order!!!!