Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RF Bluetooth wifi — Parallax Forums

RF Bluetooth wifi

What I would like to do is have a BS 2 collecting data and sending it over Bluetooth to my cell phone maybe using a simple terminal program and having it display data rather than using an LCD screen
Motor temp 210 F
Motor rpm 1325 rpm
And other data it will just keep looping through maybe 10 items I can handle the BS 2 part I just need to know about Bluetooth And what I would need to do on my smart phone to accomplish this task

Comments

• I like the HC-05 Bluetooth modules. You can get these for about $4 on ebay.

What sort of smartphone do you plan to use. I have an Android app that will display some numbers received over Bluetooth. I'll try to clean it up a bit and let you try it.
  • I have an old android that I could test with but I would like an app for both iPhone and android
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2015-11-26 19:09
    L_Gaminde wrote: »
    I have an old android that I could test with but I would like an app for both iPhone and android

It's not so easy to make an app for the iPhone. I personally don't have an iPhone but it looks like the gizmos described in this thread will make it easier to make an iPhone interface for gadgets we create.

The HC-05 modules work great with Android phones but I don't know if they will work with iPhones.

• Thank you Duane I will look these items over and see if it's something I can do it looks exactly like what I need I may have to order it and try it
  • Duane this is difficult! the one I like is in Italy takes weeks to get the others on the link is an all in one chip which includes wifi module and can be used without a stamp (I guess adrino programming). It looks like there all 3.3 volt chips so cannot be added to existing project without some level shifting. have not looked at the hc-5 yet and also is blue tooth considered wifi or are there different modules on the websites it says wifi in one place and blue-tooth in another im swimming in data right now and most of the sites do not have the data sheets and or programming sheets handy.
  • Duane Degn wrote: »
    L_Gaminde wrote: »
    I have an old android that I could test with but I would like an app for both iPhone and android

It's not so easy to make an app for the iPhone.

I make a living off my Android app. I use....wait for it.... BASIC...Could not be easier and all without GOTO's. But my point is that they have iOS covered as well.

Google B4A and B4i.

• OK so I ended up trying the unit below and it is pretty impressive I would be glad to answer any questions on what I have done so far it connects to an iPhone and android and to your home Wi-Fi only one at a time though you can set up gauges both digital readouts buttons and switches I think this is something Parallex and Ca only one at a time though you can set up gauges both digital readouts buttons and switches I think this is something Parallex sell

http://www.miupanel.com/en-us/Examples-Products/Arduino-UNO-Examples/Arduino-Basic-Examples