Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with PLX-DAQ — Parallax Forums

Help with PLX-DAQ

I am using a Arduino UNO board and am wanting to import my data to Excel using PLX-DAQ. I have tried Excel 2003, 2007, and 2010 and all have done the same thing. I open PLX-DAQ, enable content, and then click connect. It then shows connected and the R button flashes red and green, but the comments do not say receiving data and the data is not populating the cells. What am I doing wrong? Thanks,
Here is my code.
<int x = 0;
int row = 0;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(128000);
Serial.println("CLEARDATA");
Serial.println("LABEL,Time,x,sin(x)");

}

void loop()
{
Serial.print("DATA,TIME,"); Serial.print(x); Serial.print(","); Serial.println(sin(x*PI/180));
row++;
x++;
if (row > 360)
{
row = 0;
x = 0;
Serial.println("ROW,SET,2");
}
delay(100);
}>

Comments

• skylightskylight Posts: 1,915
    edited 2015-10-13 02:35
    The last time I used PLX-DAQ, successfully I must add, was with a basic stamp but the excel sheet was a dedicated one for the use of it with a lot of Visual basic embedded in it for it to work. the sheet was downloaded from parallax's site.
    The instructions were for the basic stamp so im wondering if it was ever updated for use with C?
  • I am not sure about that and not sure how to check. I know others have posted online that they have used it successfully, but I am stumped.
  • Your other post with the same question has been removed. It is against forum rules to double post.
  • I wasn't sure if my post was in the correct place, because of lack of response.
  • The "General" forum is the correct one, as Arduino does not fit in any of the Parallax hardware categories. I know there are a few members that are also Arduino users, but finding those members that use PLX-DAQ may be few and far between.

Have you tried the Arduino forums? Or Google? I found this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Sending-data-from-Arduino-to-Excel-and-plotting-it/
  • I tried using the program on a older computer with Windows 7 on it and it worked fine. My current operating system on my newer computer is Windows 10. What could be blocking this on Windows 10?