Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Elev-8 ESC Issue — Parallax Forums

Elev-8 ESC Issue

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make sure each one of ESC's is spinning in the right direction. The first three motors went fine, but when I hook up the last one I get a fast continuous series of beeps. I think it is in "programming mode", but I can't seem to get it to respond correctly.

I have tried the following steps:

1. Used a different ESC to try and power the motor. The motor worked as expected.
2. Hooked the beeping ESC to a different motor. The ESC still beeped.
3. Other posts suggested trimming the radio down, I have tried this, no change.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers,

Gregg

Comments

• Which make/model of ESC? There should be a document somewhere explaining what the beeps mean.
  • I just spoke with Parallax, they said they had a small batch of bad ESC's and are sending me a replacement.
  • Some of these have been problematic. We are replacing our current supplier with a new one and will replace whatever you need us to. Sorry about that - this particular supplier has become unreliable, so they've been designed right out.

Ken Gracye
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Some of these have been problematic. We are replacing our current supplier with a new one and will replace whatever you need us to. Sorry about that - this particular supplier has become unreliable, so they've been designed right out.

Ken Gracye

Awesome, the lady on the phone was most helpful earlier today and got something shipped out to me.

Thanks,

Gregg