Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
First look at the BeMicro CV-A9 FPGA board - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

First look at the BeMicro CV-A9 FPGA board

2»

Comments

• ozpropdev wrote: »
    Leon
    Can you elaborate on the programming procedure.
    Are you using a JTAG plug or the USB-Blaster?
    All my attempts to generate a .jic file for the EPCQ256 are met with errors.
    As you stated earlier, information from Arrow is vague.

Hey Brian, did you see the instructions I wrote for the BeMicroCV-A9 at https://github.com/jacgoudsmit/P1V/blob/rel/P8X32A_BeMicroCV-A9/readme.txt ?

It took me a little while to figure out, but "works for me". Basically I did what Leon said: I used the converter with EPCQ256, I set the protocol to Active Serial 4X. I stored my conversion setup into https://github.com/jacgoudsmit/P1V/blob/rel/HDL/BeMicroCV-A9.cof; you can open it with the "Open Conversion Setup Data" button in the converter dialog. When you click Generate, (assuming you already compiled the project) it will generate a .jic file that you can download to the USB blaster (make sure you have the drivers for the USB blaster installed of course, and make sure you add the .jic file, not the .sof file when you're in the programmer).

When you download the .jic file, make sure you only click the "Program/Configure" checkbox next to the output_files/BeMicroCVA9 entry (second line). This also checks the checkbox above it. All others should be unchecked. If you want to erase the EEPROM first, you can use the Erase checkbox but not together with the Program/Configure checkbox. The programmer automatically does an erase if you just do a Program/Configure, and the progress bar goes from 0 to 100% about 3 or 4 times I think. Eventually the progress bar turns all green and says "100% Successful".

What kind of errors are you getting exactly, and at what stage?

===Jac
  • Leon,Jac <= Thanks

Leon
    You refer to the reference guide for the Bemicro CV and it containing instructions on programming on pages 8 & 9.
    This does not correlate to any of the Bemicro CV ref. guides I can find?
    Sectiob 9 iii & viii don't exist in my guide?
    It was only after reading Jac's notes on his GitHub that I could see what you guys did to get it to work.
    Do you have a link to the reference guide you speak of?

Anyhow, all good now and flash programmed OK. :)
    Thanks again
    Brian

• Thanks for tracking that down Leon.
    The confusing part is that both documents are titled "Hardware reference guide for the BeMicro CV...."
    Two completely different documents entirely.
    Arrow web site links to the "other" document.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    Another anomaly is that my saved version is 1.05 and the download version is 1.04.