Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can we have a separate forum issue section? — Parallax Forums

Can we have a separate forum issue section?

Can you start a separate issues section, Way to much of the other items in general discussion are getting lost or missed as the general section keeps getting overrun by the issues. Just an idea......

Comments

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    Often requested, but for some reason, that is far too difficult.
    The work-around instead, seems to have been to create sinking-threads, which partly solves one problem, and creates many others..
  • No new issue forum will be created.

@jmg - Contrary to your statement, the process of creating a new forum is not difficult at all; we simply made the decision not to.

• I agree with Frank and jmg.

Apparently, Ken is happy to have the General Discussion primarily revolve around forum issues rather than what it was previously used for.

I'm still scratching my head on why one would want to have that ongoing mess diluting what was a pretty useful forum. Maybe less traffic is the goal?
  • No new issue forum will be created.

@jmg - Contrary to your statement, the process of creating a new forum is not difficult at all; we simply made the decision not to.

"No new issue forum will be created... we simply made the decision not to."

Am I the only one who is becoming increasingly offended by the "official attitude" in this and other "official" responses to forum suggestions? To me, the above is an 'in your face' flip attitude that should have been sunk along with Howdy Partner a long time ago.
  • Am I the only one who is becoming increasingly offended by the "official attitude" in this and other "official" responses to forum suggestions?

No, you are not.

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-08-05 14:38
    Can you start a separate issues section, Way to much of the other items in general discussion are getting lost or missed as the general section keeps getting overrun by the issues. Just an idea......

There is a post that keeps all the issues and fixes up to date.

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/161405/new-parallax-forums-issue-report-list#latest

And new issues can be reported:

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/161619/forum-issue-reporting-please-read#latest

The issue report list is kept updated, so it is always on the top, (in announcements).

• This thread is being treated like a feature request issue report.

It will now be sunk.
  • That was not the intent of my initial post. Rather all the issue:stuff seems to be flooding out the usual and interesting general stuff. Kinda like that coworker who joins the group at the break table and immediately drags the conversation to the same subject as yesterday, and the day before and....... It's getting old, there are perceived and real ongoing issues and disagreements on this iteration of forum, but speaking only for myself, I am much less interested in them than the short and quickly lost item of interest someone may have thought interesting enough to share.

Perhaps, just rename the group "Here's where to &itch About the Forum" until we can just get back to the general interest stuff. I am not being snide here, but there used to be some good, useful, or just plain whacky stuff good for a laugh most times.
  • This thread is being treated like a feature request issue report.

It will now be sunk.

WOW! This is exactly the attitude I described earlier.

@Courtney Jacobs, you can treat this thread any way you want but frank freedman's request had nothing at all to do with your ongoing defense of the new forum that should not have been released as it was. frank freedman is offering a reasonable suggestion to "the Officials" that will help get the garbage out of the General Discussions. This is as big of a mess as the voting thing that takes everything out of context.

And, how does one put a second quote in here? @Publison, please reread frank freedman's initial post - your response fails to address his suggestion.

This thread needs to be unsunk! And, ("Officials") let's become a little more grateful for the well intended forum suggestions.

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-08-05 17:41
    This thread is being treated like a feature request issue report.

It will now be sunk.

WOW! This is exactly the attitude I described earlier.

@Courtney Jacobs, you can treat this thread any way you want but frank freedman's request had nothing at all to do with your ongoing defense of the new forum that should not have been released as it was. frank freedman is offering a reasonable suggestion to "the Officials" that will help get the garbage out of the General Discussions. This is as big of a mess as the voting thing that takes everything out of context.

And, how does one put a second quote in here? @Publison, please reread frank freedman's initial post - your response fails to address his suggestion.

This thread needs to be unsunk! And, ("Officials") let's become a little more grateful for the well intended forum suggestions.

It addresses Franks initial post. It is a catch all for all the forum issue reports and fixes.

Not sure why you can not see the logic in keeping it all in one place.

All you need to do is report a problem and it will be added to the posts I referred to, if it is valid).
  • Publison wrote: »

Not sure why you can not see the logic in keeping it all in one place.

@ publison, the logic is crystal clear. The logged summary of forum issues is a closed forum. So... any discussion/reporting of forum issues get dumped into General Discussions. This thread began with the request for the "officials" 'TO keep it all in one place'. What am I missing?

@Courtney Jacobs told jmg it was a no brainer to accomplish this but they made an arbitrary decision not to consolidate the forum issue stuff.

Yikes, I'm at -1.
  • Be careful, next General will be renamed as the Test forum!
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,148
    No new issue forum will be created.

The irony here, is my 'far too difficult' does not refer to only technical hurdles.
    Sometimes, the biggest hurdle, and most difficult to change, is one of an entrenched mindset.

• jmg wrote: »
    No new issue forum will be created.

The irony here, is my 'far too difficult' does not refer to only technical hurdles.
    Sometimes, the biggest hurdle, and most difficult to change, is one of an entrenched mindset.

Exactly my point and well stated.

• I ask you to respect our industrious Parallax employees, they have much to do in addition to Forum duties. And please do not infer emotion into statements where none is warranted.

Please continue to make Parallax aware of future bugs you come across with the Forums. This can be done by creating a new thread in General Discussion or by sending an email directly to Parallax at webmaster@parallax.com
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,192
    Man, voting so screws with the contextual order!
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,192
    Oh, and kudos to whoever has enlarged the basic edit box. Much appreciated. I'm guessing it's related to another feature change - the raw html codes seem to have been replaced with bb like codes.