Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
C-Code to interface ACM1604B SERIES LCD MODULE to P1 - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

C-Code to interface ACM1604B SERIES LCD MODULE to P1

2»

Comments

• Thank you, I had no notion that 16x4 was an anomaly, and  I  ordered a couple of parallel 20x4  (not I2C
    ). If the gaping hole bothers you I'll be happy to test the code, or I can FedEx you a 16x4, as I have 2.Let me know.
  • DavidZemonDavidZemon Posts: 2,973
    edited 2015-08-03 18:02
    Oh no...

I feel like a jack@$$. The 20x4 format is arranged the same way as the 16x4, just with more characters per line. The rows are written 1 -> 3 -> 2 -> 4.
    I was able to find a 20x4 on Amazon with Prime shipping, so I'll get to work on a class - probably named "HD44780Quad" - when it arrives on Wednesday. Since the 16x4 and 20x4 use the same basic character mapping, the new class will work with both.
  • The displays I ordered will arrive on Friday. 1>3>2>4 I found that to be true by adding characters 16,32,etc. Thanks, let me know.
  • I am very sorry this took as long as it did. Now that my 20x4 LCD has finally arrived, it took less than 30 minutes to find the bug and fix it. No need to create a whole new class - the logic was already in the existing one.

Go ahead and replace your hd44780.h file with this one and you'll be good to go!
  • Dude, you're the best, works like a charm. I changed the const HD44780 to 20x4 and it works great.
    Many thanks!
  • Excellent! I'm glad to hear it. Enjoy!
  • Btw, did you try it with your 16x4 as well? If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to know whether or not it works there too. It should work the same for both... but without a 16x4 at my desk, I can't say with 100% certainty that there isn't some silly typo.