Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pololu 3pi Robot on sale — Parallax Forums

Comments

• These are fun!

They are really quick! They can take an MBED brain if you want to make them smarter. With a little work, you can figure out the protocol between the AVR and the MBED and give them a Propeller brain if you desire. We all know, things are 8 times better with a Propeller brain!!
  • That's a good price, but the best price is the Pololu Black Friday sale which is ten dollars cheaper, and often includes an AVR programmer. You'll need an AVR programmer as the on board 328p doesn't have an Arduino boot loader. The tool chain can either be the AVR Studio or the Arduino IDE with the Pololu library installed.
    I own a 3Pi and it is a fun little robot. It's mostly a one trick pony (line following), but does this task incredibly well. The user base is extremely creative and people have added more sophisticated features using the expansion deck Pololu sells.
    We're you around when I demoed my 3Pi at the Unofficial Propeller Expo last Summer? It's great for line mazes which is all I use it for.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    edited 2015-07-20 15:20
    Great price. Slightly faster than a Scribbler. :)

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2015-07-21 13:03
    Great price. Slightly faster than a Scribbler. :)

@erco - I thought you were more into to slow, steady and accurate (and plywood, of course)!