Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using Propeller with MEMSIC MXD2125 — Parallax Forums

Using Propeller with MEMSIC MXD2125

I have a project idea that would use a Propeller to:
* Read a MEMSIC MXD2125 (which is ideally suited for my particular need)* Display a LED strip to give an immediate rough indication of the sensor's tilt along one axis* Display an orthogonal LED strip to give an immediate rough indication of the sensor's acceleration along the other axis* Record the sensor output over several continuous hours
Now, I think I am pretty comfortable with what's needed for the first three items.  The last item is where I need some information.  The question is, has anyone else had any experience recording this sensor with the Propeller?  And, how was that recorded data later accessed?  In my case, I want to download the recorded data to a computer for analysis.
If no one has recorded that sensor, the next question is:  what has been the simplest, most effective way to record data with a Propeller in such a way that the data can later be moved to a computer?

Comments

• I would suggest a simple approach: write the data as comma-delimited values to a text file (I use FSRW for SD access). By creating a CSV fill you'll be able to open it in any spreasheet app.
  • I would suggest a simple approach: write the data as comma-delimited values to a text file (I use FSRW for SD access). By creating a CSV fill you'll be able to open it in any spreasheet app.

Thanks. I'm looking into that now. I have one question at the moment: What is a reasonable limit for write speeds for FSRW? I'm guessing that the SD card itself will not be the bottleneck. I intend to store the data as repeating 8 byte binary blocks (2x32 bit scaled integers), so I'm currently expecting no more than about 800 bytes per second (I think the MXD2125 outputs at 100Hz). I'm assuming this is well within FSRW's capability, but I figure it won't hurt to ask.