Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forum Use: How to Use Noparse Tags? — Parallax Forums

Forum Use: How to Use Noparse Tags?

Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
edited 2015-07-06 01:23 in General Discussion
While posting about the YouTube link problem I couldn't figure out a way to keep the forum software from parsing the links I was posting.
I know in the old forum we could use [noparse][/noparse] to keep the software from parsing BBCodes or links. Is there a way to do this in the new forum?
I don't want to start another thread to ask another How To question so I'll ask it here. How does one add a new tag to the list of tags. I didn't think any of the tags applied to this post and I wanted to add something like "forum-use" or "forum-how-to" but I didn't see a way of adding a tag. I ended up using "forum" as the tag.
Edit to add link to YouTube issue. I wish we had a few minutes to edit posts before they get marked "edited." And no, I don't know why it bothers me to have the post marked "edited."

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2015-07-06 01:47
    <xmp><a href="forums.parallax.com">This forum</a></xmp>
    Well, that was supposed to do it, but the xmp tag still shows. Let's try pre:
    <pre><a href="forums.parallax.com">This forum</a></pre>
    Nope. Where, oh where?, are the BBCodes when we need them?
    -Phil
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2015-07-06 05:09
    Duane asked, "How does one add a new tag to the list of tags?"
    You type the tag, then a comma. You know it's accepted the tag when it appears "boxed." You can delete the tag by clicking on the X (or backspacing, as I recall).
    You don't have to use existing tags. Make your own.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Gordon,
    "You don't have to use existing tags. Make your own."

Oh boy, sounds like we can have some fun with that :)
  • Just a friendly reminder that abuse of forum resources/features, including the ability to create a tag, will result in unpleasant moderation.

Use tags wisely.