Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How do I delete a notification — Parallax Forums

How do I delete a notification

Right now there is only one, so I can ignore it.  But I would like to be able to delete it.
John Abshier

Comments

• Goto your profile, pick notifications, then mark all viewed.

They exist to help you view new things. Viewing them makes them inactive.

• No, that doesn't work. It only marks all Discussions viewed. Notifications remain.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
    edited 2015-07-05 23:27
    https://support.vanillaforums.com/discussion/2336/notifications

Yep. I got lucky and viewed the thing the notification is linked to.

Vanilla did not make notifications robust. To be rid of one, view the thing it is linked to.
  • Nope, they are still there. All in reference to my First New Post?
  • potatohead, I viewed the thing the notification is linked to, signed out, and signed in, but the notification is still there.
    John Abshier
  • My impression is that the user has no control over Notification other than to select which items are desired to be linked to.

Before you configure your Notification preferences, you may be overrun we junk that will remain listed on on a screen until something new comes along.

It seems like items don't extend the length of the list beyond one screen, they just fall off the list.
  • Okay everybody,
    I think I finally figured out why Notifications is the way it is.

The listing of notifications is provided merely to confirm that your reconfiguration of notifications via email or pop ups is properly reaching for you.

In other words, if you seem to not be getting the notifications you desire via the means you desire, it is there to help you monitor why not.

And so, there is no reason to have the ability to delete items from the list.
  • Um, I think there IS a reason to delete them from the list. I only got a few, have reviewed them, and want to remove them from the list. Sort of like deleting PM's or other stuff you've read and don't want cluttering up your screen.