Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Why doesn't Parallax "sell" the Propeller? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Why doesn't Parallax "sell" the Propeller?

2»

Comments

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    koehler,
    Yes, at the bottom. Mostly nobody sees it at all unless they scroll down. 
    Something at eye-level on the main page is probably all I'm asking for. Or at least questioning why it is not so.
  • ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,621
    edited 2015-07-06 16:30
    Notice that the first product on http://www.parallax.com/propeller, the Propeller HAT, is something that Parallax doesn't even manufacture themselves.  I'm assuming this is only because the Propeller HAT is the newest product on that page, but still, shouldn't the default search order be such that the QuickStart Board and Activity Board show up first?
    I liked the old Parallax website's home page better, where the first things you saw were links to pages about the Basic Stamp and Propeller, and where they had a Project and an Object of the Week.  
    No one seems to have noticed yey that if you go to parallax.com, hover over the "Microcontrollers" link at the top, and then click on "Propeller", you get this page: https://www.parallax.com/microcontrollers/propeller
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Did you guys miss something? In the left column (of the pic a few posts back) under Propeller is a list with kits.... Chips.... Doesn't that mean silicon chips??? Or do you think that means fries?
    That is a click too far!
  •  
    Chips?  That was in vogue here back when CHiPs was a show on tv. 
    uController must be too long for the field.
  • pjvpjv Posts: 1,903
    Heater....
    I love your new avitar !
    Cheers,
    Peter (pjv)

pjv,
    Thank you. Although it was Saphire's creation. I had often thought about a "heater" avatar but always imagined it as something more complex, like a depiction of a real filament with heat glow around it. Never occurred to me to use the simple schematic symbol. Brilliant!
    But, given the stupid small size of avatars around here it needs a bit of work to fill the little space and make it bolder.