Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Forum bug: Rich edit control doesn't work on Android — Parallax Forums

Forum bug: Rich edit control doesn't work on Android

Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
edited 2015-07-03 11:10 in General Discussion
I put this as a reply to another forum bug list, but it didn't make it to the Parallax list in the announcements forum. I can read the forum on Android, but when I click on a rich edit control to write a reply the keyboard doesn't come up.
BTW This is more of a problem than you think for forum users who skim the forum while at work when taking a break, but don't want to use a work computer to do it. Not that I know anyone who occasionally multi-shirks at work, this is merely a highly likely hypothetical use case.

Comments

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Hypothetically speaking, what device are you using with what Android version? Do you see the mobile version of the site or the desktop version?
    I made a quick post the other day from my old Galaxy S phone and had no trouble with it.
  • Hypothetically speaking this would be a Google Nexus 7 Android tablet with the latest build of Android and Chrome. It would render the desktop site, so it might be the large screen resolution confusing rich edit control's mobile detection.
  • I have a problem trying to post using my Samsung 4 Tablet.  When I tap in the text box, the keyboard appears (extends up from the bottom of the screen), but then immediately retracts and disappears. 

The only way I got it to work was to open another tab, tap in a text box (not in this forum), and change the settings on the keyboard from standard to floating (there is a key to the left of the space bar that when held for a couple of seconds opens the keyboard options.)

Once I have the floating keyboard selected. I can return to the thread, tap in a text box and the keyboard appears and allows me to type.  The downside is that the floating keyboard is much smaller than the standard keyboard.

Tom