Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
The Parallax Family- — Parallax Forums

The Parallax Family-

DomanikDomanik Posts: 233
edited 2015-07-03 16:36 in General Discussion
I like Parallax as a company and the family that makes it up: employees and forum members and all those crazy uncles.  The knowledge and expertise here is incredible and I’ve learned so much from reading the forum posts (a least everyday).  I appreciate the insights from Oldbitcollector, Loopy, Heater, Kwinn, Peter Jakacki, Gordon, Sandy, Beau, JonnyMac, Localroger, Tracy Allen, Erco, Whit, Duane Degn, RJSM, Publison, Ron Czapala, Martin_H, and many, many others. And Matt, Chris and staff are always there ready to help.  Look at all the people that stepped up to support Chris and his family. Again, I appreciate you all.

I sympathize with Ken’s situation – responsible for keeping a business profitable and moving forward in the midst of constant change and setbacks.  There’s a lot to keeping customers happy, analyzing the market, competing products, allocating limited resources and dealing with all the day to day issues.  Most of it outsiders have no visibility.

As for the forum my first reaction wasn’t that great.  Maybe it should have had a beta version and the transition seamless.  But "It Is What It Is".  In the meantime I’ll just work around the bumps.  My plan is to continue dropping in daily and reading the latest posts.

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-07-02 18:39
    Domanik ,
    That's a great attitude.
    It will get better.

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Well-said Dom, and the feeling is mutual!
  • @Dom,
    I agree with everything you said.

Just my thoughts, everyone else can have their own  - right now I am too busy having fun with 17 students and 9 simultaneous Propeller projects that will go to near space than to be concerned with a "transient" in the forums. Its not about me, its about the students and what the Propeller can do for them. The blip in the forums will work itself out.
  • P.S.
    the avatar wasn't my choice :)
  • Yes I've said it before, Parallax is a small company trying to do some big things and nothing ever goes right the first time.  They have a history of being responsive and straightening stuff out though.  There was a hue and cry and threatened stampede for the door at the last forum overhaul and while this move is a lot more drastic I suspect the idea is to actually fix a lot of things that didn't get fixed that time.  Remember we don't see the nuts and bolts.  It looks like they put a lot of research into the best foundation they wouldn't have to write themselves from the ground up, and this was their decision.  But all these things are very highly configurable and they've already fixed some things.  I am willing to give them a chance.