- Announcement about May 10th, 2018 update and your password.
So there has been a lot of conjecture that PM's (private messages) went away with this version of the forums. This is not true. The Activity section of a person's personal page is not for private messages, it is for messages meant for public viewing on the Activity feed page.
Follow the steps below to send a private message to another user.
1. Creating a PM from a discussion list screen, a forum thread, or the home screen.
- Navigate to the top left area of the screen, next to your Avatar image.
- Click the envelope icon for "Inbox"
2. If you are on someone's personal page and want to Private Message them.
- Click the big, red New Message button on the left-hand side of the screen.
Both options should take you to this screen:
- Enter the recipient's username, allow it to auto-fill, and then enter your message and click "Post Message."