Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New forum-issue? International date and time formats? — Parallax Forums

New forum-issue? International date and time formats?

tingotingo Posts: 87
edited 2015-07-06 16:32 in General Discussion
For people from places with 24 hour clocks, this is a big issue. So, where can I tell this forum software that I would like time shown based on a 24-hour clock, as opposed to a 12-hour one?

Comments

• I don't see any place to set any of those more typical profile options. TZ, locations, etc.
    It's basically, you have a username, an email address a password, and can be notified of certain events in certain ways.  A very stripped down set of member features.
  • Timezone completely missed our features list when we went over what we needed for the forums. That might have been an oversight on our part; I will see about getting user timezone on the list for features.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Easy,  just use GMT for everything. Then we all know were we are :)
  • Yeah, shouldn't be a big issue fixing; just a configuration.
  • It would also be nice if we could see what the current time is.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Thing is, in order to know what time and format to put on the page for you they have to know where you are. 
    Call me "tin hat paranoid" but knowing where you are is something they should not be snooping on.
    Ergo, I'd like to see all times in UTC/GMT.

• Thing is, in order to know what time and format to put on the page for you they have to know where you are. 
    Call me "tin hat paranoid" but knowing where you are is something they should not be snooping on.
    Ergo, I'd like to see all times in UTC/GMT.

Doesn't most forum software have a setting for what timezone you prefer? Those of us not wearing tin hats can select our local timezone, and everyone else can just select UTC/GMT.

•  

Doesn't most forum software have a setting for what timezone you prefer? Those of us not wearing tin hats can select our local timezone, and everyone else can just select UTC/GMT.

Yes, this is what I wanted, and perhaps most others too.
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    AND the ability to select 24-hour time format.

• AND the ability to select 24-hour time format.

Of course - didn't mean to leave that out.