Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New forum: How does one clear out the thousands of notifications that are accumulating? — Parallax Forums

New forum: How does one clear out the thousands of notifications that are accumulating?

See title.

Comments

• Go into your personal configuration and un-check all the boxes.
  • You could turn those off in your preferences in your profile.
  • There is an awful lot of clutter in unexpected places.
    I had previously mentioned that I had something like 2914 Bookmarks.  I never use Bookmarks.

My Inbox, which I always kept empty, now has correspondences revived going way back in 2014 and possibly earlier.

I can only delete these one by one and want to remove them wholesale.  My Inbox was kept empty as I presumed that removal meant 'deleted forever' privacy.... not so.

+++++++++++++++++++

I have to admit this has begun to look like a fiasco that may require a complete makeover.
  • Loopy,
    Did you have "Saved Threads" on the old forum all nicely organized under different categories??? If you did, those are all in one big bookmark pile, now!! 
    ...it's a feature...
  • Whoever set up the default notifications must have suffered from narcissism.

By the way, where is "my wall"? I just want to know so I can tear it down.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Loopy, Publison,
    "Go into your personal configuration and un-check all the boxes."

Done that. They are still there. How do I clear all that junk?
  • no, no saved threads.  I never used the feature. 
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-06-30 18:03
    Loopy, Publison,
    "Go into your personal configuration and un-check all the boxes."

Done that. They are still there. How do I clear all that junk?

Don't have a clue now. I only get a few, but I'm a Moderator, so I get more than most people.
    I did not get any instructions before the migration. 
    EDIT: Just check the bookmarks, (never used them). Just about every single post that's ever been made.
    Why can't I delete my post? There is no box in the Edit panel.