Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Forum Issue: How to cancel a comment you don't want to post or preview a comment? — Parallax Forums

New Forum Issue: How to cancel a comment you don't want to post or preview a comment?

twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
edited 2015-06-30 13:57 in General Discussion
I can cancel or preview a New Discussion, but I don't see a cancel button for a response/comment (just post and save draft).

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• I can't help with the comment previous (there is a preview when you edit though) but I think "cancelling" a comment is as simple as closing the window/tab. I'm not sure there is a delete draft option.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2015-06-30 20:57
    Having to close a window/tab to cancel an action is insane.
    Sure enough deleting all the text and hitting refresh brings it back again!
    I don't see any "preview" when I edit.   But there is that mysterious "cancel" button :)
  • You can save it as a draft and then click on "My Drafts" and delete the draft by clicking on the "X".
    Dave, 
    Great work around. 
    Well, it might be if I could find a "My Drafts" button anywhere. 
    OK, I found it.
    But now, where is there any "X"? 
    Ah, I got it, if I wiggle the mouse in the right place the "X" appears.
    This is serious bovine output. 

• Even bovine output can produce beautiful flowers if used correctly.
    Dave, I was not referring to your output by the way. 
  • Heater, I understood that your comment was directed toward the new forum software.  My comment was also referring to the new forum.
  • twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
    edited 2015-07-01 02:50
    DaveThanks that worked (the second time I tried).  The first time I missed the x (using a tablet), and just reopened the post for editing.
    And now we can pretend I just marked the thread "solved".Tom
  • I wouldn't consider this issue solved because there is no substitute for an actual cancel button but the work around suffices for now.