Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
It's complicated. — Parallax Forums

It's complicated.

The individual discussion topic pages have a good chance at acceptance. Generally, the pages are well presented.  I don't particularly care about the "Voting" option, and I don't care to see "QUOTE at the end of each post. I like to do my own voting after reviewing all of the presentations that have been offered in chronological order. How do you vote for something that hasn't been finished?   And "Quote is just more complicated stuff that's only used in the occasional reply.  I'd rather see a light pastel bar separating the posts than the "Quote
I think we need to see some options from Parallax for the main discussion page layout.  Is that possible?  As it stands, I tend to want to take all of those 'lil avatar suckers and stack 'em up like little blocks and then knock them over.  The dates are too small, other count numerals are too bold, and the page just doesn't have a professional appearance.
I think less is better - we really don't care if the General Discussion tab has 10 or 19.6K posts - we just want to know what's current and we'd like  a good search engine to look for the rest.
Change is always hard so don't be discouraged.  My best suggestion is to keep it simple.

Comments

• If I log off, the Discussion page sets my previous post of 12:12 AM to 7:12 AM.  If I'm logged on, my previous post displays correctly for my time zone at 12:12 AM on the Discussion page.
    All of the bold numbers on the All Categories page remind me of an accountants Excel spreadsheet.  Waaaaay to complicated!  As I stated above, the focus should not be on numbers - we're into electrical and computer engineering discussions, not CPA style spreadsheets. 
    No Preview Comment button available as I am about ready to hit Post Comment.