Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gone is the Robotics category — Parallax Forums

Gone is the Robotics category

Everything seems to be lumped together in Projects. Don't think that's a step forward, but oh well.

Comments

• GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2015-06-30 00:17
    Another feature missing from this forum software is the mouse hover. Always used it to hover over a new thread title Erco started, to see if I should venture in. 
  • I'm not thrilled with the merge either. I suppose there have been times when I wasn't sure if I wanted to post about a robot in the projects for or in the robots forum in the past but I'm pretty sure I prefer having the two categories separate.
    This new forum is really going to take some getting used to.
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2015-06-30 00:33
    Given that Microcontrollers have sub-catetgories, maybe separating out the Projects is planned for the future. Don't know why they wouldn't have done it as part of the migration, though.
    From the vantage of the forum, it appears Parallax no longer sells robots or quadcopters, just microcontrollers. Either that, or these topics just aren't going to get the same love. In which case, I go hmm?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    Not good.

Erco no happy.

Ken got sum 'splainin' to do.
  • zappmanzappman Posts: 418
    edited 2015-06-30 02:26
    I prepared ahead for the Parallax Forum Upgrade :o

Why not try my ZappBots Robots /Robotics Forums ?

Your Robot / Robotics posts won't get lost in general discussion over there.  :cool:
  • On a positive note......... it's colorful. :-|
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    edited 2015-06-30 02:40
    Why not try my ZappBots Robots /Robotics Forums ?

Looking better & better, zappman!
  • This is why I was ranting about everyone having a personal blog. So many people here are investing deeply into content you cannot control. It's nice to be able to share projects on a forum, but it shouldn't be the primary repository. I hope that all of the blogs that were deleted aren't the end of some peoples blogs or projects.