Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Robothon 2015 Seattle Robotics Society — Parallax Forums

Robothon 2015 Seattle Robotics Society

Carol HazlettCarol Hazlett Posts: 312
edited 2015-05-21 20:03 in General Discussion
All Parallax users and fans start building your robots. Robothon 2015 put on by the Seattle Robotics Society is going to be on Oct. !0th, 2015 this year.
Parallax has sponsored this event for many years. We have line following, line maze, wall maze, mini-sumo, 3Kg sumo, WAR and Robomagellan this year.
I will enter both Parallax and Minds-i robots in this years competition. So get your BOE-bots, Mini-sumos and Scribblers ready to go! There are tables available
for anyone who wants to just do a display, demo or needs a pit area. No entrance fee, competition fees or table fees! And there is a Starbucks booth right
next to our pavilion. All information, rules and driving directions can be found at seattlerobotics.org or robothon.org. Also information on various projects
can be found on facebook.com/Robothon. If you have other questions email me at carolhaz391@gmail.com.

Robomagellan.jpg

My Minds-i Robomagellan
807 x 672 - 299K

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    edited 2015-05-15 15:03
    I haven't yet been, but I know this is a great venue for robotics. Sounds like the perfect place to debut the S3 robot, due late 2015.

Ken, any chance you can spare/scare up a preproduction sample for Carol to demo? Please don't make us paint an old blue S1 yellow!
    edited 2015-05-15 18:56
    Carol: How about a Parallax slumber party & robot build-fest at your house for Robothon?

We'll stay up late soldering, telling robot/ghost stories, and doing each other's hair.

Ken: You can rent a bus and drive us & our bots up to Carol's place from Parallax.

A hundred bots Parallax on the road, a hundred bots Parallax...?
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2015-05-15 20:13
    erco wrote: »
    Carol: How about a Parallax slumber party & robot build-fest at your house for Robothon?

We'll stay up late soldering, telling robot/ghost stories, and doing each other's hair.

Ken: You can rent a bus and drive us & our bots up to Carol's place from Parallax.

A hundred bots Parallax on the road, a hundred bots Parallax...?

I'm liking the sound of this! Perhaps we need a chaplain to say last rites if any smoke gets out!

And I have to have a shirt - no matter what! Same deal as last time Carol?
  • Carol HazlettCarol Hazlett Posts: 312
    edited 2015-05-15 21:15
    Erco, black,white, or green smoke? I get to do Whit's hair.
    edited 2015-05-15 21:23
    The wheels on the bots go round and round...........

Soldering and doing each others hair.......what could possibly go wrong?

Same deal on shirts Whit. We may have them by July this year.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2015-05-16 05:11
    Will Erco buy jallepeno pizza for all at the slumber party? We might need to add a fire fighting robot competition.

I rarely ever state-side this days, but am overjoyed that Seattle Robotics Society is still doing things. It has a long and glorious history.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    edited 2015-05-16 05:48
    Carol,

What is that "fat meccano" stuff that your robomagellan is constructed out of?

I need some of that, lot's of that.
    edited 2015-05-16 10:20
    No, it is made from a product called Minds-i. You can see it at http://mindsirobotics.com/.
    edited 2015-05-16 10:45
    Will Erco buy jallepeno pizza for all at the slumber party? We might need to add a fire fighting robot competition.

I rarely ever state-side this days, but am overjoyed that Seattle Robotics Society is still doing things. It has a long and glorious history.

Loopy, if you come I'll buy jalapeno pizza or fish head pizza or whatever is the rage in Taiwan!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2015-05-16 11:07
    A new "do" and pizza and ROBOTS! My kind of party!
  • Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2015-05-21 20:03
    Hmm... October 10, eh?

I'll see if I can convince wifey what we should drive down...