Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Where to find Toddler parts. — Parallax Forums

Where to find Toddler parts.

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2014-11-09 13:51 in General Discussion
Does anyone know where I might find the Toddler Bumper Switch Toes (27312) used in Chapter 8 of Advanced Robotics With The Toddler? I have everything else and when I assemble my recently purchased Toddler with my Grandson I would like to have them also. I have searched Google but only come up with the PDF file for the Toddler and a whole bunch of kids shoes!!!!

Comments

• PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-11-09 12:34
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I might find the Toddler Bumper Switch Toes (27312) used in Chapter 8 of Advanced Robotics With The Toddler? I have everything else and when I assemble my recently purchased Toddler with my Grandson I would like to have them also. I have searched Google but only come up with the PDF file for the Toddler and a whole bunch of kids shoes!!!!

Very easy to make Twinkle Toes with some stiff wire.
    \
    http://rc54mav.free.fr/boo-boe%20robot/CD/Documentation/Toddler_Toes/toddler_toes.pdf
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    edited 2014-11-09 12:34
    Last source I knew of is bone dry: http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1695.html

I think Ken got the last one. :)
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-11-09 12:50
    Publison wrote: »
    Very easy to make Twinkle Toes with some stiff wire.

I'm guessing Andy is looking for the PCBs too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=111907&d=1415566127

Does anyone have a better picture of the PCB?

I'm willing to whip up a design in Diptrace and people can submit the gerber files to OSH Park and have their own boards made.

I wonder if the PCBs could be made to be ambidextrous so a single design would work on both sides? If people didn't mind having the position of the LED changed, then an ambidextrous design shouldn't be too hard. This way a single order of three PCBs from OSH Park would be enough for both feet with one PCB left over.
    549 x 485 - 189K
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-11-09 12:58
    I'm willing to whip up a design in Diptrace and people can submit the gerber files to OSH Park and have their own boards made.
    @Duane, You are too kind!!! This would be great.
    edited 2014-11-09 13:23
    Duane Degn wrote: »
    I'm guessing Andy is looking for the PCBs too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=111907&d=1415566127

Does anyone have a better picture of the PCB?

I wonder if the PCBs could be made to be ambidextrous so a single design would work on both sides? If people didn't mind having the position of the LED changed, then an ambidextrous design shouldn't be too hard. This way a single order of three PCBs from OSH Park would be enough for both feet with one PCB left over.

That picture is right out of the Toddler Manual. I can not find another picture at this time.
    edited 2014-11-09 13:28
    The PDF I linked to in Post #2 is right off the Parallax CD 2009.

It should be easy to recreate it. I don't have one to measure the board dimensions.

Maybe Ken has on at the office.
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2014-11-09 13:38
    Publison wrote: »
    It should be easy to recreate it. I don't have one to measure the board dimensions.

I also think it shouldn't be hard to recreate the PCB.

I have a Toddler myself, so I can check the dimensions of the holes for the attachment bolts. None of the other dimensions appear to be critical.
    edited 2014-11-09 13:51
    The installation seems to be centered on the leg.

Toddler Twinkle Toe Installed.jpg

So it looks like it is attached by some short 4-40 screws through the slot.

Toddler Twinkle Toe.jpg

The slot is .725" x .125".
    443 x 251 - 62K