Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LED bulbs - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

LED bulbs

2»

Comments

• They're $1.97 from here in the Gray Pacific NorthWet. Why do they have to look like lightbulbs, though? 'Reminds me of the golf clubs my dad had back in the '60s: steel shafts painted to look like wood. But I guess such transitions from old tech to new tech are pretty common:

il_570xN.787191575_6jt4.jpg

-Phil
  • Just as a word of caution you might like to watch this video first before purchasing any of those GU10 leds

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2015-12-01 19:21
    skylight wrote: »
    Just as a word of caution you might like to watch this video first before purchasing any of those GU10 leds

After the video in this post finished there was one posted by "ThioJoe" explaining how you could triple your internet speed by taping a battery to the outside of the RJ45 cable near each end of the cable. Not sure if he was serious or joking, but it was one of the funniest how to videos I have seen.

OK, it is a practical joke.
  • I bought another LED bulb at Home Depot yesterday. It was a Cree 9 watt floodlight style bulb (65 watt equivalent) for only $3.97 Interestingly, it was marked "Suitable for damp locations. Not for use in fixtures together with other bulb technologies." I'd have to look but I don't think any of the other LED bulbs I have say that. Maybe the floodlight style is made better for outdoor use and I guess the heat from regular bulbs might be a problem.