Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PLX-DAQ Object Not Available Error — Parallax Forums

PLX-DAQ Object Not Available Error

archerbrad700archerbrad700 Posts: 18
edited 2013-08-29 11:26 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I recently installed PLX-DAQ from the Basic Stamp downloads page on my Windows 7 computer with Excel 2010 on it. When I open it up
I get an error window that says "object not available on this machine". When I run the debugger on it it gets caught up on a call to the "stamp"
object. I didn't have the Basic Stamp software installed so I installed that thinking it needed some files from that installation, but that didnt
change anything. So, does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? Oh, and I have it set to trust the object library and allow macros,
so that's not it.

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx

Thanks for any help in advance,

Brad

Comments

• mikebikeradmikebikerad Posts: 5
    edited 2013-05-07 12:00
    I am having the exact same problem. Did you have any luck fixing it? I am using excel 2013 with Windows 7.
    edited 2013-05-09 15:28
    Hi,

I solved this using excel 2003 instead, and everything seems to load up.
    edited 2013-05-09 15:38
    I was able to load the plx-daq macro by switching from excel 2010 to excel 2003 but I can't get data to stream into the simple data sheet. I am using com port 9, and it connects up no problem but data does not start streaming in and the R and T boxes stay green.

This is being used in a 2001 Honda Insight hybrid with an OBDIIC&C gauge from the crew on the Insight Central forum. I want to stream in 8 main vehicle operating parameters like volts, amps, speed, throttle position...etc.

I am a beginner with excel, and after days of trying to sort this I need help!

Thanks
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-05-10 10:10
    Sounds like there were some changes in newer versions of Excel that the PLX-DAQ cannot handle. I will bring this up at our next meeting to see what our options are.
    edited 2013-05-10 10:15
    I was able to load the plx-daq macro by switching from excel 2010 to excel 2003 but I can't get data to stream into the simple data sheet. I am using com port 9, and it connects up no problem but data does not start streaming in and the R and T boxes stay green.

I moved your duplicate post to this existing thread with replies.
    edited 2013-05-10 14:27
    Thanks Chris!

I still can't get data to stream into excel despite being connected. I read through the help file but I don't understand how to insert directives or should these happen automatically?
    edited 2013-05-10 14:43
    The directives are included in the code examples. If you're writing a custom program then you must add them yourself. Without the directives Excel doesn't know what to do with the data.
    edited 2013-05-13 08:54
    It was a problem on my hardware side, all solved and data is streaming in perfectly! Thanks for the help
  • Albert MoesAlbert Moes Posts: 1
    edited 2013-08-29 09:46
    Sounds like there were some changes in newer versions of Excel that the PLX-DAQ cannot handle. I will bring this up at our next meeting to see what our options are.
    Any progress on this, Chris?
    edited 2013-08-29 11:26
    It seems that PLX-DAQ is no longer supported and we do not list it on our new website. For updated software with this capability I would suggest checking out this site: http://www.makerplot.com/
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2015-07-27 20:50
    Someone asked if PLX-DAQ works on 64-bit Windows. I can't seem to find the thread, but I verified it worked on AMD64  Windows 7 Professional and Excel 2003.
    And the download still exists at:
    https://www.parallax.com/downloads/plx-daq

But beware it is no longer supported.
    edited 2015-07-28 00:15
    Also PLX-DAQ only supports Com1-15. I was able to change my BS2 connection through Device Manager from COM_26 to Com_2 (an open Com) and it worked fine.
  • would you help me to share PLX-DAQ download link? I have tried searching, but all of them are protected.
    Thank you
    edited 2016-02-04 09:45
  • Here is the Zip file.
  • I still dont understand how to solve problem about plx-daq cannot installed well, im using windows 8.1 AMD and excell-2010. ive tried any suggestions but it doesnot work.
    thanks
  • mequ wrote: »
    I still dont understand how to solve problem about plx-daq cannot installed well, im using windows 8.1 AMD and excell-2010. ive tried any suggestions but it doesnot work.
    thanks

In a previous post, there was an indication that the Excel 2010 spreadsheet may not work. It is suggested to reduce to Excel 2003.
    I was able to load the plx-daq macro by switching from excel 2010 to excel 2003 but I can't get data to stream into the simple data sheet.

• As Chris mentioned, a newer software may be a better fit:

http://www.makerplot.com/buy.htm

It looks like Selmaware might not support PLX_DAQ anymore.