Prop II DE0-NANO Emulator PCB

2»

Comments

  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-03-08 - 11:08:44
    Hi Chip.

    Thanks
    cgracey wrote: »
    For the DE0-Nano, there's 32KB of hub RAM. On the DE2-115 you get the whole 128KB.
    Regards
    Sapieha
    _____________________________________________________
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.
    For every stupid question there is at least one intelligent answer.
    Don't guess - ask instead.
    If you don't ask you won't know.
    If your gonna construct something, make it as simple as possible yet as versatile/usable as possible.
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-03-09 - 13:44:09
    Hi All.

    My version of Emulator PCB next clear to Run.

    DE0-NANO_Top.jpg
    DE0-NANO_Bottom.jpg

    Need only cut one trace to VGA connector and solder one wire to conect to P[4]
    1024 x 768 - 154K
    1024 x 768 - 103K
    Regards
    Sapieha
    _____________________________________________________
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.
    For every stupid question there is at least one intelligent answer.
    Don't guess - ask instead.
    If you don't ask you won't know.
    If your gonna construct something, make it as simple as possible yet as versatile/usable as possible.
  • Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2013-03-09 - 16:32:18
    Nice!
    Sapieha wrote: »
    Hi All.

    My version of Emulator PCB next clear to Run.

    DE0-NANO_Top.jpg
    DE0-NANO_Bottom.jpg

    Need only cut one trace to VGA connector and solder one wire to conect to P[0]
    www.mikronauts.com / E-mail: mikronauts _at_ gmail _dot_ com / @Mikronauts on Twitter
    RoboPi: The most advanced Robot controller for the Raspberry Pi (Propeller based)
  • Martin HodgeMartin Hodge Posts: 1,236
    edited 2013-03-09 - 18:43:54
    Are there two versions of the DE0 emulator board? Yours looks nothing like the one I got.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 15,664
    edited 2013-03-09 - 20:02:23
    While my DE0 board is winging it thru Australia Post, I am a little confused...

    1. Is there only one version of the DE0 board (from Chip) or is there a second version that Sapieha is using?
    2. Can I use the BOM in Sapieha's first post? I presume from later comments that the 65R 0805 s/be 47R and the 110R 0805 s/be 82R ???
    3. Just a note: 2x 100nF are 0.2" t/h (pcb seems to be 0.1") and 4x 22uF 16V 20% Tantalum are 2413 (6x3.2mm) smt.
    4. Examining the circuit, there seems no reason why the 1N5819 shottky diodes could not be replaced with 1N4004.

    For those Aussies getting pcbs, I will be ordering the 47R, 82R, LM1117 and tantalums, most likely tomorrow. I will get a few sets. I have 9x10K networks. I need to check if I have spares of some of the other parts available. If you want a set (free), email or PM me with your address.
    My Prop boards: P8XBlade2 , RamBlade , CpuBlade , TriBlade
    P1 Prop OS (also see Sphinx, PropDos, PropCmd, Spinix)
    Website: www.clusos.com
    P1: Tools (Index) , Emulators (Index) , ZiCog (Z80)
    P2: Tools & Code , Tricks & Traps
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 13,663
    edited 2013-03-09 - 20:05:53
    Are there two versions of the DE0 emulator board? Yours looks nothing like the one I got.

    There are two different DE0-Nano boards, one designed by Sapieha and one by Chip. Sapieha's has more features but has to be assembled. Chip's comes already assembled.
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-03-10 - 00:08:35
    Hi Cluso99

    Chip's PCB come mounted with all components. And to You come that one.

    One I made Ken send as kit --- With some components mising and some incorrect.


    EDIT. To my version

    1. It is 2 versions
    2. That is correct.
    3. Correct -- and correct on Tantalums
    4. Can be used - But give litle more Voltage fail
    I used on my one shottky 1N5819RL 1A
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    While my DE0 board is winging it thru Australia Post, I am a little confused...

    1. Is there only one version of the DE0 board (from Chip) or is there a second version that Sapieha is using?
    2. Can I use the BOM in Sapieha's first post? I presume from later comments that the 65R 0805 s/be 47R and the 110R 0805 s/be 82R ???
    3. Just a note: 2x 100nF are 0.2" t/h (pcb seems to be 0.1") and 4x 22uF 16V 20% Tantalum are 2413 (6x3.2mm) smt.
    4. Examining the circuit, there seems no reason why the 1N5819 shottky diodes could not be replaced with 1N4004.

    For those Aussies getting pcbs, I will be ordering the 47R, 82R, LM1117 and tantalums, most likely tomorrow. I will get a few sets. I have 9x10K networks. I need to check if I have spares of some of the other parts available. If you want a set (free), email or PM me with your address.
    Regards
    Sapieha
    _____________________________________________________
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.
    For every stupid question there is at least one intelligent answer.
    Don't guess - ask instead.
    If you don't ask you won't know.
    If your gonna construct something, make it as simple as possible yet as versatile/usable as possible.
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-03-10 - 01:44:03
    Hi All.

    Mods made now.
    And now my NANO reprogrammed and running on External voltage only. Serial and Monitor working correct
    Time to test at all pins to uSD PS2 are addressed on correct positions and then run all Demo's.

    Thanks Chip for config file.
    Sapieha wrote: »
    Hi All.

    My version of Emulator PCB next clear to Run.

    DE0-NANO_Top.jpg
    DE0-NANO_Bottom.jpg

    Need only cut one trace to VGA connector and solder one wire to conect to P[4]
    Regards
    Sapieha
    _____________________________________________________
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.
    For every stupid question there is at least one intelligent answer.
    Don't guess - ask instead.
    If you don't ask you won't know.
    If your gonna construct something, make it as simple as possible yet as versatile/usable as possible.
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-03-10 - 03:55:17
    Hi All.

    On both my PCB and Chip's use AC adapter that don't give more that 8V measured (Not same as specified on most of them) on it else VReg will be to hot
    Regards
    Sapieha
    _____________________________________________________
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.
    For every stupid question there is at least one intelligent answer.
    Don't guess - ask instead.
    If you don't ask you won't know.
    If your gonna construct something, make it as simple as possible yet as versatile/usable as possible.
  • Martin HodgeMartin Hodge Posts: 1,236
    edited 2013-03-10 - 09:34:49
    Sapieha, how do I get one of your PCBs?
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-03-10 - 09:59:14
    Hi Martin.

    You need PM Ken for that

    Sapieha, how do I get one of your PCBs?
    Regards
    Sapieha
    _____________________________________________________
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.
    For every stupid question there is at least one intelligent answer.
    Don't guess - ask instead.
    If you don't ask you won't know.
    If your gonna construct something, make it as simple as possible yet as versatile/usable as possible.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 15,664
    edited 2013-03-10 - 21:35:20
    David Betz wrote: »
    There are two different DE0-Nano boards, one designed by Sapieha and one by Chip. Sapieha's has more features but has to be assembled. Chip's comes already assembled.

    Thanks David. Fantastic! That clears up my confusion.
    My Prop boards: P8XBlade2 , RamBlade , CpuBlade , TriBlade
    P1 Prop OS (also see Sphinx, PropDos, PropCmd, Spinix)
    Website: www.clusos.com
    P1: Tools (Index) , Emulators (Index) , ZiCog (Z80)
    P2: Tools & Code , Tricks & Traps
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2013-03-15 - 21:03:56
    Hi Chip.

    I think one of DAC's - DAC0 in config to my version of PCB have incorrect MSB to LSB
    Regards
    Sapieha
    _____________________________________________________
    Nothing is impossible, there are only different degrees of difficulty.
    For every stupid question there is at least one intelligent answer.
    Don't guess - ask instead.
    If you don't ask you won't know.
    If your gonna construct something, make it as simple as possible yet as versatile/usable as possible.
Sign In or Register to comment.