Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How do i use basic stamp on a mac? — Parallax Forums

How do i use basic stamp on a mac?

kingjohnkingjohn Posts: 1
edited 2013-01-25 09:14 in BASIC Stamp
I cant seem to find the right software on he parallax website, they dont work. If anyone knows how to do this, help is much appreciated.:lol:

Comments

• Nick ErnstNick Ernst Posts: 138
    edited 2011-09-20 08:28
    I have attached a link to the Mac downoads page. The first thing you will see is a big red box saying the Basic Stamp Editor is not compatible with OS X Lion. The first sentence under that box, entitled "MacBS2 2.1b4" is actually a link to the download. Click on that link to download the .zip file.

http://www.muratnkonar.com/otherstuff/macbs2/downloads.shtml

-Nick
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-09-20 08:56
    A couple of caveats to Nernst's links:

1) MacBS2 works with the BS2 series up through the BS2pe. It does not work with the BS1 and it does not work with the BS2px.

2) As Nernst mentioned, MacBS2 does not work under OS X Lion. It does work under Snow Leopard and Leopard versions of the MacOS.

3) You can always use Windows on a Mac using BootCamp or one of the virtualizing systems like Parallels Desktop or VMware. In that case, you could run Parallax's Stamp Editor under Windows. You'd need a copy of Windows.
  • WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,933
    edited 2011-09-20 09:01
    Also, on Parallax's Basic Stamp Downloads page, there is a PDF download called How to program BASIC Stamps on a MAC (2.4 MB)
  • jblivelyjblively Posts: 6
    edited 2013-01-25 08:01
    Hello,

Any movement on getting a new tokenizer for the guy who wrote the mac version? I'd like to use this on my new mac, but can't unless I do a virtual PC and buy a copy of windows.

Thanks,

JB
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-01-25 09:14
    There was a recent posting by the people involved indicating that they're actively working on this. I suspect that it will take a few weeks.
  • I have installed MacBS2 on my macbook Air with OS X Yosemit 10.10.5. I have uninstalled FTDIUSB from my mac and reinstall FTDIUSBSerialDriver 2.4. I have a boe-bot with serial port. Basic Stamp editor does not identify the BS2 controller. Any suggestion?