Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stanford University AI Class Online! - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Stanford University AI Class Online!

13»

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,254
    HTH. This may be the first time I've recommended selling instead of buying!

Down from $88 to $67 now, DOH!

Price is falling faster than my hopes for any respectable presidential candidate!
  • erco wrote: »
    Down from $88 to $67 now, DOH!

Price is falling faster than my hopes for any respectable presidential candidate!

Carefull there on the politics. :)

Exactly! I kept it very general. I hate them all equally.
  • When I bought my international edition new back in 2011 it was $63.50.
    edited 2017-01-12 04:00
    Most curious, Captain: http://www.ebay.com/p/Artificial-Intelligence-A-Modern-Approach-by-Stuart-Russell-Peter-Norvig-and-Stuart-J-Russell-2009/66646534?_trksid=p2047675.m4096

Ebay lists a "third edition"of this book for as little as $25 shipped. But it's foreign-printed (India or Malaysia) and the ISBN doesn't match. Reviews say they are similar but have different student exercises. Authentic used second editions are still selling for $200, so I suppose that's the book you need for the $tanford cour$e. But if it's just for your own reading & bookshelf, the $25 knockoff might suffice.
  • Thanks for bumping this :) I think my wife and I might take the AI course together
  • erco - if you plug that 0136042597 isbn into abebooks.com it comes back with some even lower deals. ~$18 including shipping in the US.

Also for anyone in the US that wonders about buying these international edition books: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirtsaeng_v._John_Wiley_&_Sons,_Inc.
    Great info, KeithE. Those international book versions sounds a bit like pharmaceutical companies selling their ridiculously expensive (in the US) drugs for whatever they can get in other countries.

Of such muddied arguments, my buddy Jim says, "It's like kissing your sister, a little bit good, a little bit bad".

All bad in my book.
    DavidZemon wrote: »
    Thanks for bumping this :) I think my wife and I might take the AI course together

Jeepers, she sounds like a keeper!

• erco wrote: »
    Great info, KeithE. Those international book versions sounds a bit like pharmaceutical companies selling their ridiculously expensive (in the US) drugs for whatever they can get in other countries.

I had the same thoughts. Of course the international editions do often have inferior paper and printing, and the ink/glue can smell a bit. I guess you might also feel more free about separating the book into multiple sections for easier reading/transport - it's a beast of a book!