Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Textmate Bundle + BSTC — Parallax Forums

Propeller Textmate Bundle + BSTC

Jay KickliterJay Kickliter Posts: 446
edited 2011-06-09 06:45 in Propeller 1
In between boiler watches this past week, I finally got the hang of creating Textmate language grammers. Here's the beginnings of a Propeller Textmate bundle. It doesn't do much yet. But most of the needed syntax highlighting is there, and the BST compiler is integrated for checking syntax. It shouldn't take much code to add Prop loading and more detailed compiler listings. PASM highlighting is not yet included.

I'm posting this here now since I wont have internet access after Monday. If you're a Textmate user and want to work on it while I'm gone, that would be great. I tried to be pretty explicit in the grammer of what stuff means, since most other bundles aren't very readable.

The Check Syntax command automatically places the cursor at the error, using BSTC's -q option; it appears that the -q option doesn't give you the full path. So I don't think it will work if any of your included objects are not located in a different folder than your top-level file. I'm sure there's a simple fix for that, but I don't have time to figure it out now.

Comments

• Jay KickliterJay Kickliter Posts: 446
    edited 2011-06-09 06:45
    Thought I'd run ashore (in Riga, Latvia) and upload an update to the textmate bundle. See above for the new bundle. Still not many features, but there's now full syntax highlighting, even PASM. I'm working on integrating BSTC's uploader, but I don't have any hardware with me, so that might have to wait. Also have a prototype serial terminal, which will automatically connect/disconnect for loading.