Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
jazzed inspired NTSC/PAL Driver. - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

jazzed inspired NTSC/PAL Driver.

13»

Comments

• davidsaundersdavidsaunders Posts: 1,559
    edited 2011-03-31 16:44
    I just got 6 more Propellers in the mail today. This time from Parallax (No more Digikey for Props). One of these will be devoted to this project (so I might get it done in a reasonable time).
    edited 2011-04-02 08:13
    I am having difficulty generating raw signals so no code to post yet. That approx 7 * N ns delay seems to be a bit more sensitive than expected, as the colors are off. I will continue to play with this and attempt to get something working. As far as an external buffer is concerned, for the time being I am having 1 COG read in enough data from SDRAM to form 1 320 Pixel line, while the other draws its buffer, then they switch roles. During the HBlank, and VBlank time the one that is currently responsible for drawing also updates the SDRAM.

After testing with the driver for the SDRAM module for the Propeller platform and getting a good feel for the speed (and realizing that my SDRAM IC has dead cells), I am using an approximately equivalent SRAM driver for testing (Same speed and size SRAM, and the driver comes out to about the same size as my modification of the existing SDRAM driver). As such there may be some things to fix once I get the actual SDRAM Module for the Propeller Platform.

I just wish I had something to show off, though not yet. And now there is something else in my cue, as I think that some may want me to write an open source driver for the Propeller ATA design that I posted (though that will be after finishing this video driver and my high color, high res VGA/UXGA driver).

Jazzed:
    Would every one be happy with a 64 color version, with per-pixal color and full Bitmapped double buffer? Also this would be a directly buffered graphics driver (not a tile driver).
  • jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2011-04-02 08:56
    Would every one be happy with a 64 color version, with per-pixal color and full Bitmapped double buffer? Also this would be a directly buffered graphics driver (not a tile driver).
    That's fine for me. Thanks for your effort.
    edited 2011-04-04 12:57
    Sorry about the delay, I am concentrating on the MultiDB68K Amiga clone at the moment. I will definitely try to finish this by the end of the month, hopefully sooner.
    edited 2011-04-23 19:01
    I guess I will be quite slowed down now, the only NTSC display I had was borrowed, and I had to return it.
  • RS_JimRS_Jim Posts: 1,753
    edited 2011-04-24 06:00
    David,
    Check out Goodwill. They often have TV sets cheap! Make sure it has a video in and you are good to go.
    Jim