Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need help please — Parallax Forums

Need help please

SuffernEDDSuffernEDD Posts: 10
edited 2009-04-07 18:44 in Accessories
I am currently working with the GPS sensor right now. I have it up and running and able to retrieve information from the satelites.
I need a way to take that data and store it into the stamp i am using.
I am thinking about using a DATA program, but I am open to other ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-03-27 19:43
    http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchResults/tabid/768/txtSearch/datalogger/List/0/SortField/4/ProductID/434/Default.aspx

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • SuffernEDDSuffernEDD Posts: 10
    edited 2009-04-07 17:43
    we dont need that!!!!
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-04-07 18:44
    You need to read the chapters on the READ / WRITE / DATA statements in the Stamp Basic Manual. The WRITE statement allows you to store data in the Stamp's EEPROM in space not needed by your program. READ allows a program to read it back and DATA allows your program to have constant data (like to initialize a data area). There's limited space available (less than 2K) and it can be rewritten a limited number of times (100,000+) so you have to be careful how you store the data.

What Franklin suggested is very reasonable for storing more data than will fit in the Stamp's memory or when you need to get the data out of the Stamp easily for analysis elsewhere. Maybe that is one very good solution to your problem.

You need to say more about what you're trying to do. For example, what GPS data are you interested in keeping? How often do you need to store it? How are you going to use the data?